Priapism Lawsuit

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
That guy's got a real hard-on for that Boost Plus. He drinks it everyday.

His last name is all too appropriate.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got paired up with a urologist as part of the mentor program the first year of med school, and I was sorta interested in it until I walked into the procedure room with a guy on the table who had priapism. But get this, he'd had it for a week. He actually went to his private practice doc first and then to another one later and they both couldn't solve the problem. By the time he came to us, it was really one of the worst things I'd ever seen, and it came down to the chief resident resorting to the most primitive ways imaginable trying to get some of the fibrotic blood out. I had to step out of the room to get a drink of water because I felt so bad for the guy. It's like when you see someone in a movie get hit down low and every guy in the audience cringes, except this was a much, much more profound example.

The thing that sucked is that the guy was early in his early 40's and taking an antipsychotic as a sleep medication (can't remember what), but the odds of priapism were 1 in 10,000. At this point, an implant was the only possible mode of even slightly functioning again for him. Needless to say, my chances in picking urology went down that day.

The thing that sucked is that the guy was early in his early 40's and taking an antipsychotic as a sleep medication (can't remember what), but the odds of priapism were 1 in 10,000.
I betcha it was Trazodone. I think it's got about a 1:6000 incidence of priapism. I see tons of people on it and I've seen about a case a year for the las 6 years presumably due to the Trazodone.

a story like that makes me wanna have a STIFF drink:laugh:

So what exactly was in the Boost that did it?

Do they put Yohimbine in that stuff?

If its just Ensure I don't see how a bunch of carbs could do it. If that's the case he might as well sue Dunkin Donuts.

I betcha it was Trazodone. I think it's got about a 1:6000 incidence of priapism. I see tons of people on it and I've seen about a case a year for the las 6 years presumably due to the Trazodone.

Yep, just jogged my memory. It was trazodone

Maybe he should start drinking soft drinks.

Reactions: 1 user
Maybe he should start drinking soft drinks.

ROTFL!

They just had an 'expert' on CNN talking about the lawsuit... it was funny because they were saying Boost sells have evidently went up since many people think an erection lasting for hours/days is an awesome idea...

I love the subtitle of the story while they were talking... "Eternal Erection" wrote largely on the bottom of the screen.

The thing that sucked is that the guy was early in his early 40's and taking an antipsychotic as a sleep medication (can't remember what), but the odds of priapism were 1 in 10,000. At this point, an implant was the only possible mode of even slightly functioning again for him. Needless to say, my chances in picking urology went down that day.

Trazadone causes a big bone

I remember studying for Step 2 and this being one of the clinical pearls

Members don't see this ad :)
I took Trazodone 3 times then got PRIAPISM. Doctors didn't get to me in time.

You'd have to awfully hard headed to bring a case like this

:)

I'd give that lawsuit < 5% chance of plaintiff victory.

No causality.