primary care

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
K

KK82

anyone know if these are primary care or not. tulane
creighton
stanford
u of cali
usc
nevada

Members don't see this ad.

KK82 said:
anyone know if these are primary care or not. i ask bc i don't wnt to say i am a die-hard surgeon wannabe and ruin my chances.

albany
tulane
creighton
stanford
u of cali
usc
nevada

You can check the US News & World Reports' primary care rankings list (top 50 are free online) and see which of these are on the list as being ranked highly in primary care. But frankly, ALL US allopathic med schools are going to be fine whether you want to do surgery or primary care -- What field you get into is dictated to a much greater degree by your grades and board scores than your choice of school.
I would note that one surgeon adcom member I spoke with explicitly stated that he would never want anyone on his surgical team who showed up to med school "already knowing" he wanted to be a surgeon -- as, in his opinion, that's a specialty premeds tend not to be able to get a good feel for until rotations, and so he felt any preformed decision is most likely to have come from TV or otherwise not been adequately thought out. So you may want to play down the "die hard surgeon wannabe" stuff in your app.