Primary just submitted, am i too late?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chortlehortle

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just turned in my amcas this past weekend, and theyre actually still pending on one more transcript which should get in later this week...

how screwed am I?

Im applying to some some top schools: ohsu, stanf, harv, johns, ucsf, ucla....

will i just have to do my secondaries like a madman or did i already shoot myself in the foot??

Members don't see this ad.

chortlehortle said:
I just turned in my amcas this past weekend, and theyre actually still pending on one more transcript which should get in later this week...

how screwed am I?

will i just have to do my secondaries like a madman or did i already shoot myself in the foot??
NAY

chortlehortle said:

how screwed am I?

Depends on your MCAT/GPA. Of course you are far ahead of August MCATers... So don't worry about it... Unless you are really slow getting secondaries through. (And if AMCAS takes 2 months to process your app).

I suggest... Prayer...

Members don't see this ad :)
chortlehortle said:

how screwed am I?

I haven't seen the thread about how fast AMCAS is getting processed, but I'm sure itll take 3-4 weeks at this point. That puts you at early September, which is before the August mcatters get their scores back (I assume you already have a score). You aren't going to be early, but if you do your secondaries like a madman then you probably will be doing OK.

I would suggest that you look at the secondary question thread and start working on all of them now, so you can just copy paste the essays in and get complete as soon as you can.

i dont think you are late at all. You will probably miss couple first wave of interviews. but you will have time to get interviews in the second, third (aug mcaters start), fourth and fifth waves...heh

quantummechanic said:
I would suggest that you look at the secondary question thread and start working on all of them now, so you can just copy paste the essays in and get complete as soon as you can.

Good, advice. Especially since school will start about that time, doing the secondaries will be a pain in the you know what.

sonyvaio2700 said:
WRONG, aug mcatters get their score back in Mid October. So i dont think you are late at all. You will probably miss couple first wave of interviews. but you will have time to get interviews in the second, third (aug mcaters start), fourth and fifth waves...heh

re-read the post you responded to.

Thanks MasterMD...Like I said, I think I need glasses.

MasterMD said:
re-read the post you responded to.

WOW, thats an impressive list of secondaries submitted and schools applied to. How many interviews you think you will go to if everyone invites?

sonyvaio2700 said:
Thanks MasterMD...Like I said, I think I need glasses.

WOW, thats an impressive list of secondaries submitted and schools applied to. How many interviews you think you will go to if everyone invites?

im counting on getting maybe 2 interviews haha i have noooo self confidence in this matter. im so scared :scared:

MasterMD said:
im counting on getting maybe 2 interviews haha i have noooo self confidence in this matter. im so scared :scared:

YOU WILL APPLY TO 75 SCHOOLS ? :eek: That is insane. I mean completely insane.

chortlehortle said:

how screwed am I?

No sense in worrying whether you're late or not. The point is you already submitted it. Just sit back and relax and wait for secondaries/interviews. :luck:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say to anyone else who is wondering if they are too late: Earlier is better and would have been better, but plenty of people apply later in the proccess including august MCATers so you are still ahead of them. I would say around when the August MCAT people apply is when you are "too late," though you will never know if you were too late, you might get in even if you apply on the last day and you might not even if you submitted in June.

75 schools? Who is John Galt?