Primary verified before MCAT scores?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

altaalta

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It is DEFINITELY true that the Primary app with everything else EXCEPT MCAT scores can be verified before the scores arrive? Also is that true for the TMDSAS apps as well?

Asking b/c I'm planning on taking the MCAT either June or July and want to get my primary sent in and verified since I know it takes awhile for them to do that.
Will they accept and verify the primary before I have my MCAT scores or is that considered an incomplete application????

THANKS.

Members don't see this ad.

It is DEFINITELY true that the Primary app with everything else EXCEPT MCAT scores can be verified before the scores arrive? Also is that true for the TMDSAS apps as well?

Asking b/c I'm planning on taking the MCAT either June or July and want to get my primary sent in and verified since I know it takes awhile for them to do that.
Will they accept and verify the primary before I have my MCAT scores or is that considered an incomplete application????

THANKS.

not sure about TMDSAS...but yes...your AMCAS app can be verified without MCAT scores (your scores get sent directly to the med schools)

So.. to clarify... in May, I can have AMCAS filled out completely, all transcripts sent, etc. before I get my MCAT scores? I just registered for the May 28 test which means I won't get my scores until July 1... so if I actually apply to different schools, then when i get my score, the scores will be automatically submitted to all the schools I applied to? Do schools find this annoying or do you think they care?