Princeton Predictions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ZeaL6

Class of 2018
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! I signed up for the tprh review course that starts next week. I am taking my diagnostics online and am doing abyssmally on some (so far 54 gen chem, 53 verbal, 68 bio). Can anyone shed light on how their actual test scores or real diagnostics in comparison? I understand how these "diagnostics" are to see what areas you are weak in as far as content, but they don't seem realistic- i.e. a set of 53 paragraphs in a row each followed by 1 or 2 questions for verbal. I would appreciate some love from my fellow SDNer's / TPRH users! Thanks!!

p.s. it's been a while since g chem and as I review through the book things are coming back to me, so I feel on the second diagnostic in 8 weeks I'll do much better, seeing as the course hasn't started yet and I've studied very little up to now.

Members don't see this ad.

My course started a week or two ago and when I took my diagnostics before the course I was scoring anywhere from 35-55% with a 67% in Verbal. No idea how that would translate into a raw 1-15 score, but I'm not too worried about it.

Just proved I need to study my tail off.

My thought is that it is a bit unrealistic, skewed towards lower scores. There was a pretty big discrepancy b/w my TPR diagnostics and AAMC diagnostics. All my PR ones were a lot lower. I think it is a strategy to get your butt in gear studying for this thing (and maybe to make you feel extra "OMG I really need to shell out the $$$ for this course b/c I'm doing terribly" feelings). They promise score improvement so it kinda makes sense that they make you feel like your initial score is awful. I have heard (from some of my instructors) that their practice tests are like that too. You will prob score better on the real thing.

Gotta say though, I'm enjoying my PR class a lot and my instructors are great and so far it seems totally worth it.

Thanks a lot for the replies guys! I feel good about studying and I'm ready to go! I'm pumped for my Princeton course but I was afraid with many scores around the 60s that I was screwed. It's not even in real test format so I'm not sure you'd even be able to make assumptions about where you stand as far as an actual MCAT score. I'm glad you like the class though!