princeton review alternative to sn2?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

echoyjeff222

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering if I should substitute in princeton review as my primary means for reviewing for the MCAT. I'm the kind of learner who likes learning through videos ... dense material quickly bores me. I've glanced through TBR and it seems very dense. I'm wondering people's thoughts on my situation ... also, is there a guide here that uses princeton review as its primary source of material (3 month plan like SN2's?). Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know of a guide, but I highly suggest using PR along with Chad's videos. He follows PR very closely and fills in the gaps for you. Super helpful.

does TBR and PR line up pretty well in terms of content in their chapters? I don't really want to scrap TBR completely unless there's another guide out there that has PR as its primary book to use.

Members don't see this ad :)
I used TPR primarily for my science review along with Chad's videos and was happy with my results.

Reactions: 1 user
I used TPR primarily for my science review along with Chad's videos and was happy with my results.
Did you take the course or self-study? Was TPRH your only source for practice problems? Did you complete every single one? How many practice tests? Did you score 28 or higher? :D Thanks. I love TPR, it's so easy to read.

Did you take the course or self-study? Was TPRH your only source for practice problems? Did you complete every single one? How many practice tests? Did you score 28 or higher? :D Thanks. I love TPR, it's so easy to read.

OK lets see..
-I self studied for the MCAT
-I did not utilize TPRH, just TPR
-I had also purchased the EK set + question books and utilized them a bit
-By no means did I complete every single question
-Not sure how many practice tests but not too many maybe ~3 practice tests
-Yes I scored higher than 28

Essentially I used Chad's videos while working along with TPR. Practiced Verbal out of Ek 101. I used some other books here or there but that was the majority of my prep.

Reactions: 1 users
Are Chad's videos esstential if using TPR for bio?

Are Chad's videos esstential if using TPR for bio?

I'm not sure I would call it essential. I used chad mainly for physics+chemistry. When I used his videos his biology videos were being remade and what he had up was free, not sure if that is still the case.

I personally found Chad super helpful and if I could only use one resource to prepare for the MCAT I would probably select Chads videos.

I only used TPR for the sciences and scored quite well on the MCAT.
I used TPR for gen chem. Easy to read but I felt it was a little...brief? Especially on denser subjects. Did you feel similarly?

Do you feel TPR bio directly resulted in your good score for bio? I saw you had a 12/10/11 spread

I'm not sure I would call it essential. I used chad mainly for physics+chemistry. When I used his videos his biology videos were being remade and what he had up was free, not sure if that is still the case.

I personally found Chad super helpful and if I could only use one resource to prepare for the MCAT I would probably select Chads videos.
How would you feel about TPR over EK or TBR for bio? Im just curious...like if you had to pick one and only one (without the use of chad videos).

How would you feel about TPR over EK or TBR for bio? Im just curious...like if you had to pick one and only one (without the use of chad videos).

Edit (too much ranting earlier):

I can't really provide great insight, I haven't used or seen TBR. Ek was great and so was TPR. For me personally I would select TPR if only given one choice.

Reactions: 1 user
I used TPR for gen chem. Easy to read but I felt it was a little...brief? Especially on denser subjects. Did you feel similarly?

Do you feel TPR bio directly resulted in your good score for bio? I saw you had a 12/10/11 spread

Honestly, I am surprised that I broke a 10 on BS. The biology section of the test is so random these days that no source can truly adequately prepare you for it.

The best way to score really well on the BS section (12+), in my opinion, is to have a very strong background in biology. This usually translates to a 3.7+ biology major GPA at a rigorous undergraduate program.