Princeton Review Online

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thatscorrect7

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone looked at the princeton review online practice problems?

i want to know if they really are ridiculously hard or its just me

Members don't see this ad.

Most of these systems are going to be hard. The goal is to get you prepared to a higher level and then even a moderate performance afterwords should give you a good score. Saying that I never used this system online. I did use the Princeton Review book and I personally found it to be the best one.

No kidding. I took the free test just now and got a 9 on the BS...I've gotten all 12's and an 11 before that (Kaplan, EK, AAMC). So mad right now...

Members don't see this ad :)
I generally found the Princeton Review practice tests to be much harder than the real test. My AAMC practice test scores were closer to what I actually got on the real test.

I generally found the Princeton Review practice tests to be much harder than the real test. My AAMC practice test scores were closer to what I actually got on the real test.

I had found this study the other week where they plotted princeton review averages vs. actual MCAT scores. The actual MCAT scores were 1-2 points higher on EACH section. The studies conclusion was that Princetons score had little correlation to what you would get; if anything it over prepares I guess...can't complain about that

I took two physical sciences sections for Princeton Review, after a week of Physical sciences review. I received a 10 and 9 (couldn't finish the section). Discouraged, I just took the AAMC #10 and got a 38 (14 PS, 10 V, 14 BS). In my opinion, the princeton review science section (at least) is pretty rough.

Are the online problems full length or just practice passages? I had the princeton review book with practice passages and I didn't find the physical science hard. I feel they are actually easier than those of full length Kaplans. But my princeton review book was from 2006, so I don't know if they made big changes of the passages afterward.

Are the online problems full length or just practice passages? I had the princeton review book with practice passages and I didn't find the physical science hard. I feel they are actually easier than those of full length Kaplans. But my princeton review book was from 2006, so I don't know if they made big changes of the passages afterward.

I took the princeton diagnostic and my Kaplan practice tests were an absolute joke compared to that thing.

i just took my first princeton diag (test 1) and i did well in bio but really bad in PS and VR

VR:6, PS:8 :eek::eek:

honestly, I found the questions not hard, but badly stated, plus the explanations are pretty helpless.

yeah i agree with that
the explanations really says
this question tests this particular idea.
but then the question itself is way more obscure than the typical aamc mcat questions so it throws me off

honestly, I found the questions not hard, but badly stated, plus the explanations are pretty helpless.

I have found the PR explanations in the books to be pretty useless too. That's the thing I don't like about their materials. I don't find the explanations useful.

After reading this thread I'm wondering if I should use PR materials at all. It's so easy to justify difficult questions by saying we're getting overprepared, but if the questions are unrealistic and nothing like the real MCAT doesn't that meaning we're getting improperly prepared?

i dont think its USELESS
i think there are different degrees of realism
the passages in the PR science workbook really do focus on a specific topic.
so in that sense i think it could be called unrealistic but thats not a good reason to just throw the entire book out the window

the online ones really are ridiculous though

Reviving this thread

I am getting killed on PR Physics and Cell/Molecular bio passages. These questions seem to be rough or may be it's me who is weak on these subjects.

I think they're difficult. Just learn from your mistakes. That's what counts.
Don't look at content review passages/ discretes as predictive scores, but use them to pinpoint the areas you need to specifically review.