Princeton Review practice tests

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dr seuss

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
TPR big book comes with online access to 4 tests and the MCAT workout book comes with online access to 2. I was wondering if these are the same tests.

I was thinking about buying these not for the content but for the practice tests. Is there any other way to get TPR practice tests?

Members don't see this ad.

Hmm, Princeton Review is known for their challenging practice tests, which is a good thing, but can also demoralize you, and tend to screw down all the way to details to the point of insanity.

I prefer the AAMC practice tests 7~10 directly rather than imitated practice tests because they are the real thing rather than a mock exam. However, it's up to you. I haven't personally used TPR, but I hear they have excellent science passages, but poor verbal and biology. Examkrackers are just the opposite, with excellent verbal and biology, but not so good sciences.

If you want practice though, I suggest you buy the EK 1001 and 101 books. They will give you enough practice. Trust me.

As for other ways to get the practice tests, not any that I know of right now.

ditto that demoralizing part. I'm taking TPR class right now, and some of them passages are freaking hard. Real good practice though.

Members don't see this ad :)
I took most of the TPR CBT exam and AAMCs twice over and the TPR CBT is hard, especially the verbal section. If you get 7-9 on it then your AAMC Verbal will be 9-11 on AAMC, same can be said for the Physical section which has too many longwinded calculation, the BS isnt too bad. In all if you do well (27-30ish) on TPR then you will do well on the mcat.

TPR Physical Science is a walk in the park compared to the real thing.

I agree with JDub on this...if you guys look at the "June 13th" thread, the general consensus is that particular test was difficult .

In contrast, if you check out today's test thread (July 10th), the folks seem to be okay...so far.

It all depends on the difficulty of the MCAT you get the day you take it.

Some are harder and some are easier.