Princeton Review workload

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Wahed

Tilapia
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm taking a Princeton Review MCAT prep course, and they assign us so much work! I haven't been doing any practice problems because I'm just trying to keep up with the reading.

I'm considering not doing the reading. Maybe just skim it. They do a pretty good job at covering everything in the lectures, and I think I may just watch those once, watch it again at my own pace to make flashcards, and then spend most of my time doing practice problems. I took all of these classes within the last 2-3 years so it's all pretty fresh and I got a 509 on an AAMC FL before I started studying.

Does anyone have advice on how to balance the workload? Where could I cut corners here? I have an obsessive personality and just get bogged down in the details of the reading and it takes me forever.

Members don't see this ad.

Cut out all reading. Just watch the lectures and look stuff up as needed. Work through the practice passage book and do practice tests.

Reactions: 1 users
Also working through TPR Self Paced, I just skim the book and make note of the highlighted terms. I think the videos help solidify the concepts.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm taking a Princeton Review MCAT prep course, and they assign us so much work! I haven't been doing any practice problems because I'm just trying to keep up with the reading.

I'm considering not doing the reading. Maybe just skim it. They do a pretty good job at covering everything in the lectures, and I think I may just watch those once, watch it again at my own pace to make flashcards, and then spend most of my time doing practice problems. I took all of these classes within the last 2-3 years so it's all pretty fresh and I got a 509 on an AAMC FL before I started studying.

Does anyone have advice on how to balance the workload? Where could I cut corners here? I have an obsessive personality and just get bogged down in the details of the reading and it takes me forever.
Skip the reading part. In class, they go over every topic. However, get started on watching the videos so you can start making your notes and work on the assigned passages. Also, from the many threads I've read the passages they assign are harder compared to the actual exam. I found this to be true when I took one of their sample test and compared it to the AAMC

Reactions: 1 user