Technology Printer ?

Started by adpitan
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

adpitan

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm curious as to who as what type of printer and why? Am I being old skool with my gigantic Lexmark color printer/scanner/fax? Should I get a b & w laser printer?

Thoughts, ideas?
 
Lasers are cheap now ($2-300), faster, and the print quality is unmatched. I use the heck out of my hp Laserjet 2200dse. It's older (I've had it for 4 years now), but I absolutely love it. It prints on both sides of the page, so that cuts down on paper. Even though it's black and white, I have no complaints about it. I refuse to buy a color laser until the price is low enough that I can spend a reasonable amount on a duplex-capable color laser that gets at least 20 pages per minute.

I suggest a B&W laser with duplex option and fast printing. You can get >20 pages per minute at a reasonable price now.
 
Yes, go with a laser printer. I never touched my Canon BJC 4200 Inkjet, since grade 11. Profs don't give a damn about colour pics anymore. When you hit med school, you'll be printing like a madperson, and the colour will be just waaay too expensive.

Laser printers are cheap, and the toner lasts you for a good length of time. The thing with buying inkjets is that once a certain colour goes down, you'd have to replace the ink cartridge. Now with Canons, if the printer head was finished, you'd have to buy a new printer head as well. With HP inkjets, that wasn't the case. They charged you for the ink cartridge and printer head together, which is why HP cartridges are more expensive.

Bottom line = go with the laser (lasers are kool).