• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.

USNavy HM

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 23, 2003
Chatsworth, CA
Visit site
Status
Does being prior enlisted change the OIS requirement at all?

Homunculus

SDN Caveman Administrator
15+ Year Member
Jul 24, 2000
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
Originally posted by USNavy HM
Does being prior enlisted change the OIS requirement at all?
It doesn't in the Army. It makes it a heck of a lot easier, and you'll laugh at all the newbies, but you still gotta go through all the classes.

Spang

SDN Angel
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
HM(1,2 or 3?):

It does not. Unless you have completed OIS or AOCS you will get the pleasure of attending. I'm sure you'll find it much more gentlemanly than boot camp and Newport is a sweet place to be, especially in the summer.

I'm a prior active duty naval aviator now doing HPSP. Feel free to PM with any other questions you might have. Also there are two active duty flight surgeons who frequent this board, NavyDiveDoc and IwakuniDoc (I think?) so posting your questions here will usually get them answered.

Best of luck,

Joe

r90t

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 2, 2004
So. Cal
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
USN HM
The good thing is that you will be a very well paid O-3E when you return to active duty!

You will have to go through OIS, but you will find it to be a vacation and a good place to meet your future collegues in crime. And nurses.

Anybody left at Camp P? I heard it was going to be an empty place in mid-March.

About the Ads