1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Prior Enlisted

Discussion in 'Military Medicine' started by USNavy HM, Mar 21, 2004.

1. USNavy HM

USNavy HM Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Does being prior enlisted change the OIS requirement at all?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Homunculus

Homunculus SDN Caveman Administrator
    Moderator Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    It doesn't in the Army. It makes it a heck of a lot easier, and you'll laugh at all the newbies, but you still gotta go through all the classes.

4. Spang

Spang SDN Angel
    10+ Year Member

HM(1,2 or 3?):

It does not. Unless you have completed OIS or AOCS you will get the pleasure of attending. I'm sure you'll find it much more gentlemanly than boot camp and Newport is a sweet place to be, especially in the summer.

I'm a prior active duty naval aviator now doing HPSP. Feel free to PM with any other questions you might have. Also there are two active duty flight surgeons who frequent this board, NavyDiveDoc and IwakuniDoc (I think?) so posting your questions here will usually get them answered.

Best of luck,

Joe

5. r90t

r90t Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    USN HM
    The good thing is that you will be a very well paid O-3E when you return to active duty!

You will have to go through OIS, but you will find it to be a vacation and a good place to meet your future collegues in crime. And nurses.

Anybody left at Camp P? I heard it was going to be an empty place in mid-March.