Enlisted to Medical Degree Preparatory Program (EMDP2 FY23)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Not gonna lie tho this thread is the only reason I’ve been able to relax a little bit lol. I’m hopeful for everyone here!! Because this waiting period is hell.
Same! I was freaking out about not hearing anything until I realized it was a mutual issue.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm so glad I found this thread since I've been freaking out as well. It's my first time applying and I'm at the 9-year mark so It'd be my only chance without waivers. All of my recommenders have been pinging me asking me for updates since I told them I should hear something by the end of October... and here we are.

Stay strong though! We made it through the tough part which was just getting our application in, already a monumental achievement!

Best of luck to everyone!

Reactions: 3 users
Not gonna lie tho this thread is the only reason I’ve been able to relax a little bit lol. I’m hopeful for everyone here!! Because this waiting period is hell.
Same! Because before I found this thread, and looking through the others I was freaking out bad lol

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Two weeks until Thanksgiving and I want to be thankful for an INTERVIEW! Lol

Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone heard anything on the status for interviews?

I lucked out by calling at 830/9. Anyone in the area to knock on their door? Lol
I was never able to get a hold of someone on the phone! I think this may be part of the process... make sure we're patient enough to see patients. haha

It took me a few days to get a hold of someone before when I tried to confirm that they had received all my documents! Praying that we all have enough patience through this process!

Reactions: 2 users
Two weeks until Thanksgiving and I want to be thankful for an INTERVIEW! Lol
One week left. I hope you’re right and we can say that around our dinner tables. (Or earlier would be fine with me too).

Alas, we have made it to Friday y'all. My email is definitely tired of being refreshed to no avail. Lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
Alas, we have made it to Friday y'all. My email is definitely tired of being refreshed to no avail. Lol.
Yeah so umm I sent them 6 transcripts and had 3 pages of coursework for them smh, my bad lol

Yeah so umm I sent them 6 transcripts and had 3 pages of coursework for them smh, my bad lol
I’m sure they’re backed up more than ever this year since they pushed the deadline for standardized test scores as well. Still got a good feeling we’ll hear back before thanksgiving though!

Just found this thread after doing some extra research on the program - I was planning to apply with all of you this past cycle, but missed the TIS cutoff by a couple months. Planning to apply in May/June of ‘23. As you all go through this interview process, any experience that you want to share in this thread would be amazing.

Just found this thread after doing some extra research on the program - I was planning to apply with all of you this past cycle, but missed the TIS cutoff by a couple months. Planning to apply in May/June of ‘23. As you all go through this interview process, any experience that you want to share in this thread would be amazing.
Also good luck! I’m hoping you all hear back for interviews soon.

Reactions: 4 users
Good luck to everyone! I’m full of emotions, especially anxiety. I hope that this upcoming week brings good news to as many people in this thread as possible. This is my first time applying and might be my last since I’m 11 years in. Had to submit a waiver or two so I feel like my odds are less than most of you here but still have hope.

I’m Navy. What branch are you all from and what are some things that you found difficult in putting together your package? Mine was trying to find all the information required while deployed with little to no help from anyone on my ship. That and scheduling an ACT at the last minute with less than 2 weeks to study 😅

Good luck to everyone! I’m full of emotions, especially anxiety. I hope that this upcoming week brings good news to as many people in this thread as possible. This is my first time applying and might be my last since I’m 11 years in. Had to submit a waiver or two so I feel like my odds are less than most of you here but still have hope.

I’m Navy. What branch are you all from and what are some things that you found difficult in putting together your package? Mine was trying to find all the information required while deployed with little to no help from anyone on my ship. That and scheduling an ACT at the last minute with less than 2 weeks to study 😅
Your story mirrors mine quite closely too. I have almost 11 years in the Army. First application, and most of my packet was completed in the past few months. I finished my bachelors in July, took the ACT the week after my degree was conferred. Accumulated my letters of recommendation, received the last one in the 20th of September. Submitting less than 10 days before the last date of the application window. But I’ll have to say the most stressful part of this whole thing, is the waiting now.

So for me it was being ineligible 3 years ago since I was vulnerable to get retrained and missing 2 application cycles due to the 20 month tech school (linguist pipeline). This is my first year applying and might be my only shot since I’ll hit 10 years in January. Also, getting the CC’s secretary dropped the ball on my LOR and I got the letter in 2 hours before the deadline…

I couldn't resist any longer. I sent another email... hopefully I don't piss anyone off. If I hear anything back, I'll let y'all know.

In the interim, to spark some dialogue. I'm interested to know what medical specialties you are each interested in.

For me: my career has spanned infantry, and licensed practical nursing. I have a passion for trauma medicine, or anything fast paced. I spent three years as a part of a Forward Surgical Team (now called Forward Resuscitative Surgical Detachment), both in Garrison and Deployed. I am eager to specialize in Trauma Surgery or Emergency Medicine. The other reason for this decision, is instant gratification (I know.. sounds a little odd). With trauma, each intervention can be visualized immediately for efficacy. Whereas other specialties require long term visualization before change can be appreciated.

I couldn't resist any longer. I sent another email... hopefully I don't piss anyone off. If I hear anything back, I'll let y'all know.

In the interim, to spark some dialogue. I'm interested to know what medical specialties you are each interested in.

For me: my career has spanned infantry, and licensed practical nursing. I have a passion for trauma medicine, or anything fast paced. I spent three years as a part of a Forward Surgical Team (now called Forward Resuscitative Surgical Detachment), both in Garrison and Deployed. I am eager to specialize in Trauma Surgery or Emergency Medicine. The other reason for this decision, is instant gratification (I know.. sounds a little odd). With trauma, each intervention can be visualized immediately for efficacy. Whereas other specialties require long term visualization before change can be appreciated.
Haha good luck! You are the hero we didn’t ask for but needed.

I am a surgical tech and have been my whole career, specializing in orthopedics so as you can imagine that’s what I would love to do someday. Make that transition from passing the scalpel to making the cut.

I also and very interested and amazed at the instant result after treatment but also am patient and love to see those that take time to heal. Those that take a longer process provide you the opportunity to learn and grow for that next patient.

Hi Everyone, I'll be applying next year so I really appreciate any info you can give during the process. Please post updates as you hear back if you can! Thank you so much!

I’ve been lurking here for a couple months with high anxiety over hearing back but it’s 1130 mountain time and I just got an email for an interview. Good luck to everyone. It’s here!!!!

Reactions: 5 users
I’ve been lurking here for a couple months with high anxiety over hearing back but it’s 1130 mountain time and I just got an email for an interview. Good luck to everyone. It’s here!!!!
Congrats!!!

@Tboos2193 - What can we expect in the interviews? What type of preparation should we take?

Good morning all!! Can’t believe it finally happened, but just got my invitation for an interview. They even give homework in the form of a podcast before the interview. Hope to see some more good news in this thread!

Reactions: 7 users
Good morning all!! Can’t believe it finally happened, but just got my invitation for an interview. They even give homework in the form of a podcast before the interview. Hope to see some more good news in this thread!
Congratulations and Good Luck!
How were you contacted? and which branch.

Hello all! also got the invite!! Good luck to everyone!

I was on duty last night and almost skipped over the email when I woke up this morning! Mine came in at 0109 EST. Congratulations everyone! We're one step closer. This thread has been a great help managing my anxiety.

Hi Everyone, I'll be applying next year so I really appreciate any info you can give during the process. Please post updates as you hear back if you can! Thank you so much!
Honestly, try to get as much as you can done as early as possible. As you can see a lot of us here were stressed with getting everything back to us last minute and trying to submit on time etc. Also, whenever you hit an obstacle don't stop. It's going to get frustrating but push through. One of the medical officer's at my command told me there's a reason there's no rep at the command. It's up to you to do the research, find the answers, be INTRUSIVE, and not give up.

They release new fiscal year info around April/May. Gather all that info and guides from the website.

Attend a webinar where they explain the application and answer questions.

Solicit your letters of recommendations ASAP so they have plenty of time to get them done. My SGH took 4 months. These individuals are busy so the faster you secure their agreement to write one, the more time you give them to give you a quality letter.

With the letters, I was told high ranking is great but they can tell the difference between a personable letter and a letter that was just written to get the rank with preference towards letters that speak to your abilities, qualities, etc.

Make sure your personal statement explains anything the application didn’t cover (or cover in enough detail) and speaks to why you want to be a MILITARY physician and not just a doctor as well as why you are the best candidate for it.

While not required (from what I heard) try to get some quality shadowing hours in the MTF from different specialties for your 15 experiences. The exposure is a plus.

Sorry this is long but it’s info that I would have wanted to know from the start instead of throughout the process. Good luck!

Congratulations to all that got emails so far. I wish I would have found this forum sooner, I just found it this morning. Does anyone one know if any Army received interview invites yet. I'm trying not to get discouraged but I needed a few waivers, so I was a long shot.

Congratulations to all that got emails so far. I wish I would have found this forum sooner, I just found it this morning. Does anyone one know if any Army received interview invites yet. I'm trying not to get discouraged but I needed a few waivers, so I was a long shot.
I haven’t received anything. I think I’m the only other person who has claimed Army so far.

Yea I’m honestly hoping that they send interviews in waves. But then again I also had a few waivers so I am in the same boat as you Aaron.

I spoke to previous applicants and they said that the board will notify members will also notify those that weren't selected for an interview so I wouldn't lost hope until you hear something!

That’s pretty much my outlook until I get a “no” it’ll be full steam ahead in terms of optimism. But I’m happy those that have received interviews can prepare for the next step

Anyone know what the deal is with the DoDMERB site? It says it's down and "documents submitted after 21 September have not been processed." Trying to get the ball rolling on that...

Anyone know what the deal is with the DoDMERB site? It says it's down and "documents submitted after 21 September have not been processed." Trying to get the ball rolling on that...
An upgrade went awry. The DoDMERB Director, or some title like that, posted on Service Academy Forums that they are down. **Temporarily Stepping Away from SAF** He said communication can be made at this email address. [email protected]

Did you try to log into DoDMETS? That's the first step and doesn't seem to be down. If an agency (USUHS) entered a request for a physical you might be able to get started.

DoDMERBs first priority is handling the physicals and requests for additional documents for students already enrolled and in school like the ROTC cadets that are awaiting results to get their tuition paid for the semester that started in the fall.

Yup. The website is still down. I'm trying to get that started too, but I guess we have to wait for it to come back up.

Filling out the personal data form confirms the interview, right? are we supposed to wait for the interviewers to contact us or do anything else... aside from creating an account with DoDMERB?

Hi, everyone! Did anyone who submitted a waiver receive interview invites? What about anyone approaching the max years of service? Trying to determine a trend...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hi, everyone! Did anyone who submitted a waiver receive interview invites? What about anyone approaching the max years of service? Trying to determine a trend...

Happy Thanksgiving!
No waivers, but was within a few months of busting on time in service.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!! Hope y'all have a relaxing weekend!