Prior service coming back in: did you have VA SCD issues?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

astrostellar

Eternal Pre-Med
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
To anybody who was prior service and commissioned back in as milmed:

Did you have VA SCD claim/rate, and was it an issue when you went to re-join?

Obviously this is going to have wildly different answers based on what the claim was, but I'm trying to figure out how risky it is to file a 30-40% VA disability claim when I ETS, and if it will cause problems when I visit a med recruiter.

Thanks in advance.
 
I'm in the process of submitting a package for HPSP and prior service with a VA rating. I havent had issues yet, but I had my issue evaluated by a specialist to get a favorable opinion and submitted that. Not sure if this helps you.
 
I separated from the military and got a 30% SCD. From my understanding if you go back on active duty, depending on what that SCD is one may have to get a waiver. Secondly I don't think one get get VA benefits while on active duty but don't quote me on that.