Prioritizing Newer Campus = Higher Chance for Acceptance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Alienman52

Straight from the Mothership
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Quick question. I know that people with lower stats have higher chances of being accepted to newer schools, but how about older schools with newer campuses?

For example, if I prioritized NY-COM's new Arkansas Campus over the Westbury Campus, would I have a better shot at acceptance? The only thing is I live literally 5 min from the Westbury campus...so I'm not sure what to do, just trying to maximize my chances of acceptance.

Or another example, like LECOM.
Would it make sense to prioritize the bradenton campus over the Erie campus since the B-Campus is a newer location??

Members don't see this ad.

By prioritize I'm assuming you mean which secondaries you fill out first? For LECOM, the secondary is just basic info, no essay questions so that's good.

For NYIT, it's definitely easier to get into the new location. If you submit the secondaries this early in the game, a few weeks apart won't make a difference imo.

Reactions: 1 users
Treat different campus as different entities

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Each campus does not know if you submit the secondary to its brother campus. So take LECOM, if you submit both today, it considered early I think.

Reactions: 1 user
Usually separate campuses have separate admissions departments. For NYITCOM, however, I believe some of the interviews were conducted with Westbury faculty so I am not sure who really has control over the Arkansas' campus admissions. If you live 5 minutes away from Westbury, NY, why would you rank Arkansas higher? Nassau County is awesome. Plus, NYITCOM has historically given preference to NY students.
LECOM works differently. Bradenton is a separate campus. If you interview at Erie you can eventually select Seton Hill as your preference or vis-a-versa after you interview.
tl;dr: Just rank based on your preference now to avoid hassle in the future.

For most schools, branch campuses are not merely an annex of the parent school, but competitor schools. They may use the same app system to streamline things, but the Adcoms etc are separate.

So yes, you'll have a better chance with NYIT-COM-AR over the Long island school, and ditto for RVU-UT vs RVU.

LECOM-B has been around enough that there won't be and advantage for one over another. Ditto the Touros and Midwesterns.

Hi All,

Quick question. I know that people with lower stats have higher chances of being accepted to newer schools, but how about older schools with newer campuses?

For example, if I prioritized NY-COM's new Arkansas Campus over the Westbury Campus, would I have a better shot at acceptance? The only thing is I live literally 5 min from the Westbury campus...so I'm not sure what to do, just trying to maximize my chances of acceptance.

Or another example, like LECOM.
Would it make sense to prioritize the bradenton campus over the Erie campus since the B-Campus is a newer location??

Reactions: 1 user