pritzker continued applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Teee

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
has anyone heard anything since they received a continued notice? only one person has reported a rejection, any acceptances? is anyone still hoping? i don't mind being the only one...

Members don't see this ad.

has anyone heard anything since they received a continued notice? only one person has reported a rejection, any acceptances? is anyone still hoping? i don't mind being the only one...
I'm also waiting and hoping... been continued for several months now... interviewed in Sept.

i have also been wondering about this "continued applicant" pool. any insight would be much appreciated...

is there any chance we will be accepted or is it straight to the waitlist for us? are there a lot of us?

Members don't see this ad :)
who knows. at this point I'm not counting on anything - besides, how many people actually turn down a Pritzker acceptance anyway? (read: there will be few waitlist spots, imho)

who knows. at this point I'm not counting on anything - besides, how many people actually turn down a Pritzker acceptance anyway? (read: there will be few waitlist spots, imho)
There actually were some people accepted off the waitlist last year. This year I know at least one person who is turning down Pritzker for a "lower ranked" school. I'm also hoping lots of people accepted at Pritzker will also get into Harvard or Hopkins...

there is one mdapp profile of a girl who got continued and then accepted about a month later . but i haven't heard anything else about continued applicants.

i've been continued since a september (!) interview as well. a pritzker faculty member (used to sit on the adcom) i spoke with made me feel more hopeful than not, suggesting that once harvard/penn/yale/etc sends out decisions, then there would be movement within the "continued" list. how valid do you guys think that is? is there hope?

does anyone have the MSAR stats on pritzker? how many continued candidates there? and how many people will be on the waitlist? when the adcoms will meet to discuss continued candidates? who to ask about continued status? and who to direct a LOI to? too many questions? i just don't want to run the risk of understating how much i want to go to pritzker :love:

any information at all that will occupy my mind until at least May 15 will do. Thanks and good luck!

there is one mdapp profile of a girl who got continued and then accepted about a month later . but i haven't heard anything else about continued applicants.

which profile? i looked through everything and didn't find any continued applicant receive an acceptance?

somehow, i always manage to ruin a thread :rolleyes:

no, sorry, i was trying to look for that profile about the girl who was continued and then accepted a month later...

i can't find it anymore. either she updated it as only saying "accepted" or ... i'm totally losing it?

but i definitely remember being struck by this profile, wherever it went -- continued around dec, accepted around jan -- i definitely remember it, because my stomach dropped and i started to panic because i had, until then, convinced myself that no continued candidates had been accepted yet this cycle. hmm.

has anyone actually spoken to people at admissions about the status of continued candidates? i emailed them about 2 weeks ago, but i haven't gotten a response.

bump. bump. bump.

has anyone gathered any new information?

i tried calling and asking about us continued-folk, but got pretty vague answers -- and instead of pressing for more, i panicked and hung up. anyone else want to give it a shot?

Waitlist acceptances and # of people turning down admission are not always related. Perhaps the school knows some people will not accept, so for a hypothetical (not pritzker) class of 150, they accept 200, only 135 of those 200 accept, then they pull 15 off the waitlist. One could also imagine a situation for a class of 150 where they accept 150, then only 100 accept, and they pull 50 people off the waitlist. All depends on the school...

Pritzker does not actually have that great of a matriculation rate. It's a fantastic school, but I think some of their acceptees decide to go to the east coast instead. Last year out of ~200 OOS applicants accepted, only ~70 matriculated (that was from last year's USNews/World Report, going off my memory since my account expired). In-state was significantly higher % matriculating.

Good luck to all and I hope to see some of you in September!!

where's the "bah-humbug" emoticon???

:smuggrin:

Last year out of ~200 OOS applicants accepted, only ~70 matriculated

I broke down and purchased the recent USNews statistics to do some comparisions on my schools, here is the new statistic for OOS:

Out of 625 interviewees, 254 were accepted, 76 enrolled.