Private Egyptian Medical Schools which is better October 6th or MUST

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medicalschooley

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am an American High School student who is an Egyptian dual citizen who will graduate this year. I plan on returning to finish my medical school fromEgypt for several important reasons then I plan on returning back to finish my residency here...I have many important questions that if you could help me answer i would be greatly appreciative of.

1. Which is the better school to graduate from, public or private?
2. Which is the best private medical school in Egypt?
3. What are the requirements necessary for the private medical schools in egypt? SAT1, SAT2's and how many?
4. The pass rate of graduates who sat for the USMLE at these private schools?

If anyone could answer any of these questions that would be great!. Also feel free to add any other thoughts or facts.

Members don't see this ad.

hey
concerning ur question i tell u MUST(Misr University for Science and Technology) is the best private university with a strong medical program.
I'm actually in it (3rd yr)
We got students with same status as u( americans or canadians with dual citizenships who came from abroad to study medicine)
it's hard to enter a public university with ur status( i know a friend who's relative tried to enter public university as you even with a contact but he couldn't since the public university criteria of admission don't recognise foreign degrees much....they don't know how to process them)
so MUST is your best choice.
the rest of the private universities are kind of scam....many arab countries still doesn't recognise them and doubt their accredation.
only Must and October 6 university are the ones recognised and accredited fully. but 6 october university students are facing problems in jordan since its teaching system is a lil weak.
If ur concerned about USMLE, i can tell u this it depends on the student effort. but i know students who took it after graduation and got 90's.im currently preparing for it
here's MUST website: www.must.edu.eg
if u have more questions or need more help i'll be glad to assist you:[email protected]
good luck

i forgot to mention that MUST operates by credit hour system.MUST got a tough system if study. you should be studying daily since u get assessed frequently and the university adopts a method where only the qualified people are able to continue in medicine....thats why u would find alot of students transfer to october 6 university since its teaching system is easier and flexible.they operate by the year system. u only do 2 exams throughout the year,one in january and the big final in june(includes the material of the whole year)
MUST exam system consist of assessments followed by practicals followed by written followed by oral exams. thats why u have to study daily.if u miss a day or 2 u will have to compensate the lost time and its kinda hard when u got alot of material to cover especially as u r in higher levels

MUST medical staff consists of the leading lectureres and head of departements in Ain Shams and Cairo University....old remarkable professors in their fields.
i know people in october 6 university and they r very weak in basic sciences.Man they don't even know whats the scapula or how the tibia and fibula are arranged

Members don't see this ad :)
This is exactly the information I was looking for. Thanks Kassem.

October has professional teachers all from Ain Shams and Cairo University. We are recognised by many professional institutes such as WHO and UK GMC (Medical Council UK)

Its easier than MUST and much more enjoyable. Trust me...OCtober is smaller, cleaner and more enjoyable. I chose it over MUST because of the way they actually treat you the people at O6U that is...many people leave MUST because it simply SUCKS!

EDIT:

Wanted to ADD that MUST have a silly system for exams where you may find yourself waiting ALL day for an exam as they share 10 computers for the whole damn year...thats 500 students. Something like this would never happen at O6U!

I have just finnished my first year of medicine ... going unto year 2!

well thats for pharma labs but they managed to solve the problem and people who fail MUST go to o6u...not to mention that the arab union of colleges is considering the option of discrediting o6u for its poor system of education which is based on makin everyone succeed for no reason...im not sayin MUST is perfect it got its flaws but they teach u somethin

there is one thing also, to be a great doctor it depends on you as a student and your effort and how much hard worker you are.. not the system nor the collage.
where ever you go you can be the best
just do your best
good luck