Private Loans

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aiminghigh

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
i needed a li'l info on private loans,i being on a H4 visa with no credit hostory ,but my husband with a considerably good credit history for the past 7 yrs and is on a h-1 visa ,what r my options for loans with or without a co-signer.Can my husband take a loan all by himself?Plz reply at the earliest
thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,
i needed a li'l info on private loans,i being on a H4 visa with no credit hostory ,but my husband with a considerably good credit history for the past 7 yrs and is on a h-1 visa ,what r my options for loans with or without a co-signer.Can my husband take a loan all by himself?Plz reply at the earliest
thanks

hi aiminghigh,,,i am in the same situation as urs,,yes ur hubby can take loan all by himself without a cosigner from access group loans,,,,,if by chance anyone has any idea regarding other options for H4's,,,i would also like to know abt international global loan where NYU is providing $40k for their students ,,,do we have to be compusorily on F1 to be elgible for this loan,,,

plzzz advice

125 views and just one reply...come on people just post ur views ,ne information can b useful to a lot of people like me out here...
thanx

Members don't see this ad :)
There is not much you can do about your situation.

Your loan options are...

1) You should try "Comprehensive/Sponsored Access Loan" from Access Group. They will give loan if you husband acts as a co-signer.

2) Try loans from banks in you own home country for foreign education.

3) Get hold of some generous US permanent resident (green card holder) with good credit history to cosign your loan.

Good luck !!

Hey guys,
thanks

hey....but what about the signature student loan for international students by sallie mae....they don't need u to hav a ssn, a credit history n co signer is optional too...?

Trust me, there is pretty much nothing that you can do without a co-signer. In my 2 years of school i tried every possible loan or bank, no one gives you a loan without a co-signer. Even a small amount like 5000 dollars is not possible.

Plus for the Access Group, its you, the applicant that should have a 3 year credit history, they will not give it to your spouse or friend because only you can get clearence from school and approval for the loan.

Sorry but that what I learnt in my school years. Hope it helps.

hey....but what about the signature student loan for international students by sallie mae....they don't need u to hav a ssn, a credit history n co signer is optional too...?

they do require a co-signer for international students, just checked their website.

Hi friends!!
Which private loan do you think is the best in terms of lowest interest rate??
Please educate
Thanks!!

kpd155,

If you had such difficulty then how did you pay your tution for Dental School. Please share what worked for you for obtaining the loan.

Thanks.

Trust me, there is pretty much nothing that you can do without a co-signer. In my 2 years of school i tried every possible loan or bank, no one gives you a loan without a co-signer. Even a small amount like 5000 dollars is not possible.

Plus for the Access Group, its you, the applicant that should have a 3 year credit history, they will not give it to your spouse or friend because only you can get clearence from school and approval for the loan.

Sorry but that what I learnt in my school years. Hope it helps.

hey i was wondering can my husband be a cosigner ,he is on h-1 visa with a 5-6 yr credit history?

Certainly, your husband can be a co-signer with a 5-6 yr credit history. Access group is the place to apply for your loan with husband consinger. The H1b visa does not matter that much as the as the credit history matters.

Hey DDS Welll wisher ,but i spoke with access group and they say nyucd doesn't come under there list of lenders.How about sally mae,can they give me a loan in this situation?well.....another thing i must say...u're doing a very fine job....but i'm surprized how do u kow sooo much about loans:)

I dont understand what you are talking.... "nyucd doesn't come under there list of lenders". The lender is "access group" not nyucd. I dont know about sally mae.

ooops i meant the opposite..........!!

Hi friends!!
Which private loan do you think is the best in terms of lowest interest rate??
Please educate
Thanks!!

Anyone please let us know about it.....

hey...can neone plz tel me wat if i wish to continue studying on a h-4 visa and not transfer to a f-1 visa,is there ne drawback to do that?Besides employment is there nething else i'm not liable to?