Problem accessing Northwestern's application status website

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
my northwestern thingy wasn't working either....and i called home and i got the sad letter *sniff*....oh well, i still have my Rush interview in January :) WEEE

Members don't see this ad.

I got the letter today, too... I told you guys. Kwanny, so sorry to hear if you really wanted Northwestern. I'm not bummed at all, though. I have a feeling an acceptance is coming my way in the next couple of days... hehe Besides, I want to go to a school with a little more class than that. You deserve better as well.

JunkintheTrunk, I'm sorry for you as well. See above comment on Northwestern's level of class. But hey, you're avatar makes up for any rejections! It rocks!! haha

I got my rejection letter a couple of days ago, and they didn't even bother to lick the envelope! Did any of you have the same experience? I wouldn't want to go to a school that didn't have the decency to even lick the envelope. :mad:

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by DoctorWannaBe
I got my rejection letter a couple of days ago, and they didn't even bother to lick the envelope! Did any of you have the same experience? I wouldn't want to go to a school that didn't have the decency to even lick the envelope. :mad:

Just another example to confirm my comments... Also, I would have rather them NOT lick my envelope. You're the lucky one. Now I have to take a shower all because their saliva may have gotten on me!! Gross!!

Sorry to hear the bad luck guys. Good luck on the rest of your interviews!

Originally posted by kwanny
No pulse, mike. They lost me. :(

Just found out I got rejected today... Hope you have better luck, man.

Maybe if you change your last name to "Feinberg", they'll change their decision :D

Originally posted by AlreadyInDebt
I got the letter today, too... I told you guys. Kwanny, so sorry to hear if you really wanted Northwestern. I'm not bummed at all, though. I have a feeling an acceptance is coming my way in the next couple of days... hehe Besides, I want to go to a school with a little more class than that. You deserve better as well.

JunkintheTrunk, I'm sorry for you as well. See above comment on Northwestern's level of class. But hey, you're avatar makes up for any rejections! It rocks!! haha

That's a rather "sore loser" thing to say. I know damn well that if Northwestern gave you an acceptance you would be singing a different song. SOmething to the tune of "Northwestern is the Best! Blah..blah.." Don't take out your rejection on the school, that's not classy.

Originally posted by BigRedPingpong
That's a rather "sore loser" thing to say. I know damn well that if Northwestern gave you an acceptance you would be singing a different song. SOmething to the tune of "Northwestern is the Best! Blah..blah.." Don't take out your rejection on the school, that's not classy.

Sho 'Nuff!

Disclaimer: I have not been offered an interview and I also cannot access the site anymore. A letter is in the mail.

Sour grapes aside, NU's policy IS unclassy. At least Duke's site informs you of your rejection. I don't see why NU can't do the same, seeing as how they appear to be technologically saavy.

-X

Also, is there a particular reason Harvard sucks? ;)

-X

I agree that the policy itself is not classy, but the school as a whole does not deserve that label. More likely than not, it was a mistake to bump everyone out early. I have not heard of this being done in the past (otherwise NU would be notorious for it).

As for the school itself, I found it to be one of the more "classy" institutions that I visited. I realize that being kicked out early is a bad way of learning that you have been rejected. I would probably be angry myself, but don't take it personally. Move on to your other options. I wish you guys luck!

You guys are a bunch of whiners.

Suck it up. Its not like the admissions office didnt send you rejection letters.

So they kicked you out of the system before you got your dumb letter. Big frickin deal. You eventually got the BS letter that every school sends to their rejects.

Med schools can be harsh to people they reject. Do you want them to offer you counseling before they give you your rejection? Gees, deal with it.

Originally posted by xanthines
Also, is there a particular reason Harvard sucks? ;)

-X

Yeah,
I dunno if you are an Ivy Leaguer. Anyway, I guess I will explain that Cornell Hockey and Harvard Hockey are arch rivals. Ie we hate their friggin' guts. Fish throwing and everything. That aside, Harvard is the number one school hands down, UG, Med, Law, B-school, etc. Can't deny that. I have been rejected from 3 schools thus far: Mayo, U-Chi, and Vandy. I would be a complete idiot to say that these schools "lack class" because they rejected me. I am not to proud to admitt that MAYBE just MAYBE I am not as qualified an applicant as many others are. Many school bashers out there need to look in the mirror. That being said, I am an august MCATer and have received more than 7 interviews already including Northwestern. However, if I do not have the privilage of getting my application approved in the long run, I will still think highly of the school regardless of an acceptance or rejection. That's the name of the game: win some lose some.

Members don't see this ad :)

Sorry you took it as sour grapes... I didn't mean it to come off like that, but have you been reading how they have made people feel? No school, no matter how good they THINK they are should do that. Sure they get a bunch of applications, but each application has a person behind it... you know, a human with hopes and feelings. Northwestern was just one of those boxes that I checked on the AMCAS application, so it's not that bad for me, but others really wanted to go there and they were treated like crap! My insults are out of a sadness I feel for others, not my own. Perhaps I get too emotionally involved with my SDN friends and want to defend them too much, huh? If anything, I am sour about the amount of money I have spent thus far, hence my SCREEN NAME!!! Anyways, sorry to offend you NW buffs.

Sorry you took it as sour grapes... I didn't mean it to come off like that, but have you been reading how they have made people feel? No school, no matter how good they THINK they are should do that. Sure they get a bunch of applications, but each application has a person behind it... you know, a human with hopes and feelings.

Yeah, EVERY premed has "hopes and feelings." And every premed gets rejected from somewhere (except super duper smart people). I think a medical school has an absolute right to pick and choose applicants based on what they like be it #'s, EC's, Clinical, or Research. NU is obviously big on the more manifest standards of a good candidate: #'s. Their average MCAT score and GPA are, I believe, 33 and 3.7 respectively. Pretty darn high if you ask me relative to their other top ranked chicago counter part, UChi. ANyway, what I;m trying to say is, if you had your heart set on NU, and did not realize what kind of candidate they were looking for to interview, wasn't that just a case of WISHFUL thinking on your behalf? I'm Not making any accusations or assumptions either with that statment--I know some of you out their had high numbers and still did not get time of day from NU.

Northwestern was just one of those boxes that I checked on the AMCAS application, so it's not that bad for me, but others really wanted to go there and they were treated like crap!

After I came back from interviewing at another Chicago school, I made up my mind not to travel back there ($ reasons). So, I would have to turn down the interview anyways. I even have to call and cancel a finch interview. I am now restricted to Cali :( and we all know how bad those odds are...

Well, I think an acceptance is coming my way from the chicago school I already interviewed at *fingers crossed* If so, I will get to cancel all of my other interviews that are out of state! It's my fav. out of state and the one I would go to if I didn't get into a Cali school! Yeah!!

Oh, one of those sports things. I get it... kind of... not really. I'm not a big sports person! :p

-X

... Anyway, I guess I will explain that Cornell Hockey and Harvard Hockey are arch rivals. Ie we hate their friggin' guts. Fish throwing and everything.

saying that an institution lacks class because they deactivated your account on their website, followed up later with a formal rejection letter isn't grounds for saying they lack "class".

i remember when i applied to medical school there were several applications that simply disappeared, i didn't even get a rejection letter it was like i never even applied. some other schools simply make you write a check (BU).....(no comment).

yeah. suck it up babies.

Originally posted by nuclearrabbit77
i remember when i applied to medical school there were several applications that simply disappeared, i didn't even get a rejection letter it was like i never even applied. some other schools simply make you write a check (BU).....(no comment).

Were you upset? Did you think that as a professional institution, they should have handled it better? I think your words speak for themselves, honestly. It's not NW, it's their process..

Originally posted by nuclearrabbit77
saying that an institution lacks class because they deactivated your account on their website, followed up later with a formal rejection letter isn't grounds for saying they lack "class".

yeah. suck it up babies.

Word to your mothers.

Will this thread EVER die... :laugh:

*Hey Rabbit: Where do you go now? Do you like it?

Were you upset? Did you think that as a professional institution, they should have handled it better? I think your words speak for themselves, honestly. It's not NW, it's their process..

Why don't you call Dean Thomas and b***h about it?

Frankly I see no wrong in what went down. You applied. Admissions committee thought you were a reject. They subsequently rejected you and took you out of the computer system. Their official notification of your rejection was sent to you. Case closed.

Whats the problem?

Originally posted by UCLAMAN
Why don't you call Dean Thomas and b***h about it?

Frankly I see no wrong in what went down. You applied. Admissions committee thought you were a reject. They subsequently rejected you and took you out of the computer system. Their official notification of your rejection was sent to you. Case closed.

Whats the problem?

No problem at all, UCLAMAN. Thanks for your input.

Edit: I should add that my point is that rabbit was upset and now s/he feels we don't have the right to be.

Just have to add my input because I know you all want it.

In my opinion, it makes sense that you would be taken out of the system before you get the letter. What is the other alternative? They decide to reject you, write and send the letter, then estimate the time the letter takes to get to you, then remove you from the system? I feel that it is much easier and less time consuming for them to do it the way they do it now. I also don't think it would be much fun to learn for the first time through a computer screen that you were rejected. I feel that lacks class, as does writing an email of rejection.

Just my opinion.

No problem at all, UCLAMAN.

Then stop your b***hing

i wasn't upset at all. i was just illustrating the fact that there are worse things that can happen to you in the application process. like one poor girl had her rejection letter stuck together with mine, and it ended up in my mailbox. i guess that would be one explanation of how you could end up not hearing anything from a school. hahahah.

yeah, speaking of "less class", emailing you a rejection is pretty lame as well. but hey, it saves the trees doesn't it?

i ended up at northwestern by the way. 2nd year currently.

Then stop your b***hing

I'm trying but you won't die and go away!

Rabbit... Do you find it too research oriented, or is that your thing? Research is definitely not my thing, but I didn't research schools as well as I should have.

Wow...hope this won't turn out to be World War XXX...

i wouldn't worry about configuring in "research" school as a deterrent from picking it because besides the institutions with a mandatory thesis (yale and others) if you were adverse to research. you aren't forced to go into a lab and do crap if you don't want to.

as for me, i've been doing some lab work since first year...but i definetly know some people who wouldn't be caught dead with a pipet.

i mean in all reality, all those hundreds of millions of NIH dollars isn't going to make much difference when it comes down to you picking up a 30 dollar used book and memorizing crap.

nevertheless, if you do enjoy research, there are opportunities here to pursue them.

if i were to give advice in picking an institution, i'd go with the following.

(in no particular order)
-can you afford it? do you mind debt if you can't?
-a true pass/fail curriculum vs. grades
-do they have a nursing school to mac on chicks?

to my behest, the last statement is a negative for NU.

I'm trying but you won't die and go away!

Rabbit... Do you find it too research oriented, or is that your thing? Research is definitely not my thing, but I didn't research schools as well as I should have.

Then stop your b***hing

Dude, everyone on this thread needs to calm the heck down. Chill. Even though it would have been a little more sensitive for NU to wait till the rejection letters arrived to their destinations before they booted everyone off their system, what's done is done. How about a truce, aight? No need for anyone to take stuff personally.

tf

Will this thread EVER die... :laugh:

I have the power to delete it since I made the first post. :)

Originally posted by DoctorWannaBe
I have the power to delete it since I made the first post. :)

Why do I hear you laughing like this in my head: MUAHAHAHAHA!!

Must be the position of power you are in right now. :laugh: Delete it if you want... I'm exhausted and you'd be doing us ALL a favor!!!