Problem with Mount Sinai payment?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jochi1543

President, Gunner Central
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My credit card keeps getting denied with the "incorrect CVV/card security code" as the reason. I triple-checked everything and my payment still won't go through. I e-mailed them about it, but has anyone else encountered this problem?

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone? Their admissions office advised me to use a different credit card. :rolleyes: Apparently, they don't think much in regards to the intelligence of their applicants - because you know, if I had muliple credit cards and one of them kept getting denied, I would've NEVER thought to try another one.:rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
Numbers on the back....this is what they show as the CCV on their site.

Maybe I'm just not meant for MtSinai.:laugh: I was actually going to not even submit given that and how competitive they are, but then realized I had already sent LORs there, so I guess I might as well keep trying.

Are you putting in all the numbers on the back, or just the last set?

I didn't have any problems, sorry.

Numbers on the back....this is what they show as the CCV on their site.

Maybe I'm just not meant for MtSinai.:laugh: I was actually going to not even submit given that and how competitive they are, but then realized I had already sent LORs there, so I guess I might as well keep trying.
I think mvenus is referring to the fact that there are often 2 sets of numbers on the back (1234 567). Are you putting the whole thing or just 567? Usually what online payments need is just the 567 part.

I think mvenus is referring to the fact that there are often 2 sets of numbers on the back (1234 567). Are you putting the whole thing or just 567? Usually what online payments need is just the 567 part.
Yes, I'm just putting the 567 part.

I dunno, what the deal is, I just used this card to pay for the Albany secondary fee, and it worked. Then I tried to use it with Interfolio, and it said "unidentified error with your credit card." WTF?:confused: I'm gonna call MasterCard to see if something fishy is going on with my card, but I think they are gonna be closed now.

I dunno, what the deal is, I just used this card to pay for the Albany secondary fee, and it worked. Then I tried to use it with Interfolio, and it said "unidentified error with your credit card." WTF?:confused: I'm gonna call MasterCard to see if something fishy is going on with my card, but I think they are gonna be closed now.
And now I get an e-mail from Interfolio saying "thank you for your order, we're processing it" even though my card had an "error.":confused:

:rolleyes:

I don't think CC companies close. They should be 24/7.