Problems at rotation site...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rxforlife2004

Membership Revoked
Removed
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okie my fellow Rx friends....I'm now having a little problem with one of the technicians at rotation site for summer. I've been doing the externship at this Walgreens for 3 weeks and it has been stressful from the beginning til now because of this tech. I mean...at the first week, I thought she yelled at me when i made some mistakes because she wanna teach me...so i ignored it...Now everytime i do something, she always watches me and picks on me (if I made minor mistakes...or anything...). For some reason, she thinks of me as a filling machine, no more no less even though I could do a lot of more things than that. feel so upset but just don't wanna yell at her back because i don't want anything happen. Now, 2 more weeks I'll be done with this rotation (because I do 60 hrs/week...so it'll end 1 week earlier than normal). And a lot of times, she talks bad about other pharmacists to the managers when they're not there...(like how slow they are...how much time they take break....)... Anyone has any suggestions to deal with such person? I never ran into these kind of mean people. So stressfulll

Members don't see this ad.

Don't worry about her since you are only there a short time. Just worry about getting what you need about the rotation. If someone tells you how you could improve, think about what they said, not about who it's coming from. Judge for yourself if their criticism has merit. Even if she is 95% BS she's 5% important stuff you need to know.

She looks at you as a filling machine because the pharmacists there have trained her to do so. It's not really her that is the problem but the whole system at Wags. Don't take it so personally if she has bought into the corporate point of view. She probably has to be like that to get her job done. It sucks. But, it's the way things are at some corporately bastardized pharmacies. If you don't like her point of view, then you probably do not ultimately want to work for a place like Wags. That is one very important thing you can take home from your rotation site. :)

Not much you can do at this point, other than what bananaface just said. Be honest on your site/preceptor evaluations, and have a talk with our school's experiential coordinator about your experiences at this site. You may not benefit anymore, but you may be able to save a student next year from similar grief.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you're a guy and she's hot... ask her out on a date...

Ask her out anyways. Maybe she'll play nice back.

Addendum to the above comments: If you must, do it after the evaluations have been submitted to the school! :laugh:

...is she hot? :smuggrin:

LVPharm said:
Addendum to the above comments: If you must, do it after the evaluations have been submitted to the school! :laugh:

if she is, then that would make her a hot bitch! :laugh:

If she is hot, I wouldn't have any problem .... :laugh:

LVPharm said:

Why he gots to wait? He ought to hit it ASAP!!! Spank her silly and say..."You are a bad girl..."

If it is a he... :smuggrin:

bananaface said:
Is this what happens at YOIR work site? :rolleyes:

Yes. Instead of the normal HR procedure - verbal warninng, written reprimand etc.. I get them in my office, lay em over my lap and spank em.. bad girl.. Only if they're female..young ..and hot. :smuggrin: