Professor messed up on blackboard with my grade?

nis73

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I received an 84.5/94 on my exam. Not bad at all, but my professor put in a 94.5/94 on blackboard. My question is, is it possible the professor will notice when she calculates the final grade? Will she be able to find out because the grade is over 100?

The thing is, she handed back the actual exam and the scantron. So if I go to her and tell her the grade is wrong, I don't think she will have any way to verify the grade. So do I just let it go and take the extra points?

However, she no longer has the scantron, so how would she fix the grade even if she notices? I understand going to her would be the RIGHT thing to do, but I'm also paying through the *** for this class and 10 free points is a gift.

Members don't see this ad.

She probably won't notice.

Entering grades on blackboard is like entering numbers on a little spreadsheet. Your grade is going to be buried in a column with a bunch of other students' grades.
Telling her is the right thing to do, but it's totally up to you. This was a data entry error, not a grading error, so she probably won't let you keep the points if you do bring it to her attention.

Reactions: 1 user
Was it possible to get a 94.5/94 on the test? Like was their extra credit? If it was possible to get a 94.5 then definitely keep it. However, if there was no extra credit then maybe admit to it because she's going to know that she put it in wrong and will ask for the original grade and find out you were being dishonest. It's your call however.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would advise doing the correct and honest thing, but if you are unable to resist the temptation, go ahead.

If you find time to tell her during office hours, I suppose you could tell her, but she could've "secretly" given you bonus points, or added a curve. I probably wouldn't say anything. You never know if she made a mistake or not, and it's best to just leave it how it is.

So I received an 84.5/94 on my exam. Not bad at all, but my professor put in a 94.5/94 on blackboard. My question is, is it possible the professor will notice when she calculates the final grade? Will she be able to find out because the grade is over 100?

The thing is, she handed back the actual exam and the scantron. So if I go to her and tell her the grade is wrong, I don't think she will have any way to verify the grade. So do I just let it go and take the extra points?

However, she no longer has the scantron, so how would she fix the grade even if she notices? I understand going to her would be the RIGHT thing to do, but I'm also paying through the *** for this class and 10 free points is a gift.

Let me put it this way.....you didn't see anything. ;)

Reactions: 1 user
DO NOT, and I repeat DO NOT confront her about this lol. It's times when being unethical is ethical.

I think it's funny how dishonest some of our future doctors are. lol