Professor Messed up on LOR. Advice

Started by osujic1
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

what to do?

  • call the school?

    Votes: 2 66.7%
  • don't do anything unless they call

    Votes: 1 33.3%

  • Total voters
    3

osujic1

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys Im a bit peeved and don't really know what to do. I have a pretty good relationship with on of my professors. She is really knowledgeable and I did well in her senior bio course and asked her to write me a letter of recommendation for a few of my graduate schools. I emailed her a letter my other professor had sent to me the semester before as requested.
Sofar I have only sent in two applications and so she has sent in two letters via requested invitation links. I waived my rights to see her letter having faith in her Ph.D and professionalism. When I asked her to submit a few more letters for some summer research programs I need recommendations for she told me she would just forward me the letter and I could send it in myself. Sounded like an okay deal at the time. When she forwarded me back the letter she had been using I was very pleased with what I had read expect that when I scrolled all the way down was the initial letter I had sent her as a template from my french professor the semester before. My heart was pounding. I was almost positive she sent in both letters to the two schools but then though "no way". When I confronted her she looked again and saw that she had in fact made a mistake. Now Im super nervous. Wont they look at it like what is this as though something funny has occurred and hold this against me? she also sent me the emails from a non .edu account which I know from conversation she forwards all of her mail to. if she submitted my rec letters from that account (it was a gmail account) the school may dismiss her as a credible recommender or am I overthinking all of this? I just feel like the school might find her letter to be invalid. Id call the two schools but also dont know if thats a good idea for me to do since I waived my rights and really shouldn't know what she wrote in the first place. I am not sure what to say and am not sure if the school will hold this against me. I even though about just withdrawing the two applications. I think my fear spans from an experience two semesters ago. I guy got kicked out of my school and charges were pressed when they found out he forged some documents (I think it was his transcript and lor's but I'm not 100% sure) so I'm just worried and trying to avoid confrontation. Thoughts anyone?