Professors do not seem to like me?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My armchair psychiatry says:

The DSM-5 indicates that persons with NPD usually display some or all of the following symptoms, typically without the commensurate qualities or accomplishments:[6][9]

1. Grandiosity with expectations of superior treatment from other people
  2. Fixated on fantasies of power, success, intelligence, attractiveness, etc.
  3. Self-perception of being unique, superior, and associated with high-status people and institutions
  4. Needing continual admiration from others
  5. Sense of entitlement to special treatment and to obedience from others
  6. Exploitative of others to achieve personal gain
  7. Unwilling to empathize with the feelings, wishes, and needs of other people
  8. Intensely envious of others, and the belief that others are equally envious of them
  9. Pompous and arrogant demeanor

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Brief background...Caucasian male, mid 20's, Eagle Scout, have a BS in biology, and am in my 3rd year of pharm school. I performed VERY well the first 3 semesters of pharm school, but leveled off to average thereafter ->Not trying to be a braggart, just trying to list possible reasons why PharmD professors don't take a liking to me. I have inpatient pharmacy experience in two healthcare systems, and am pretty well connected.

I feel like some of my professors may be jealous of me, and there's one in particular this semester that always picks on me in a nonverbal type of way (get my drift?). He's in his 40's and I have honestly never encountered a professor in all my years of higher education that has acted this way. What he does doesn't bother me in a sense that I freak out about it or react to it through body language. But yesterday I had a question for him about some of the material in his course, and he did it pretty blatantly, and I just did the same thing back, and we both just stared at each other for a 5 whole seconds, then his face turned red. My pharmacy professors have always told me that pharmacy is a small world and you never know who someone else knows, but I'm not putting up with that s**t, and will stand up for myself when someone else is being an a**-hole.

I have also "crossed-swords" (debating grades and other drug or clinical trial knowledge) with a few other professors the last 2 semesters. I feel that this phenomenon of pharmacists (professors) attempting to belittle their students who are intelligent and bright is specific to the pharmacy field? The pharmacy job market is saturated, and retail is stressful, and residency is super competitive. As medical students, what would you do in my situation if you found yourself in it? I feel like there is a fine line that students have to keep between keeping their head down, and standing up for themselves when they need to.

My advice- Hmmm. Keep your mouth shut , study, and get good grades. Do you feel a need to interact with the professors on a personal level? If so, why? They don't even need to know your name unless it fulfills some kind of personal need you have for attention. Pay your tuition, study hard, get good grades and graduate. You will never see these profs again. Never. You will not be their buddy or pal. They will not remember you. They don't or will not care.
They are jealous of you? Really because you were an eagle scout? Maybe not wear your scout uniform to class everyday. If you graduate as a pharmacist and work for CVS, any other chain or hospital nobody will care that you were an eagle scout. why would they be jealous of you? A million pharmacy students and they are jealous of YOU. Really.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Lol, what the hell are you even talking about?

No matter what you mean I suggest you pick the prof up, raise him above your head, and then break his back on your knee so you can see if his spirit or his body will break first.

As far as I can tell, nobody has yet acknowledged your Bane reference, so: kudos to you

Reactions: 2 users
Brief background...Caucasian male, mid 20's, Eagle Scout, have a BS in biology, and am in my 3rd year of pharm school. I performed VERY well the first 3 semesters of pharm school, but leveled off to average thereafter ->Not trying to be a braggart, just trying to list possible reasons why PharmD professors don't take a liking to me. I have inpatient pharmacy experience in two healthcare systems, and am pretty well connected.

I feel like some of my professors may be jealous of me, and there's one in particular this semester that always picks on me in a nonverbal type of way (get my drift?). He's in his 40's and I have honestly never encountered a professor in all my years of higher education that has acted this way. What he does doesn't bother me in a sense that I freak out about it or react to it through body language. But yesterday I had a question for him about some of the material in his course, and he did it pretty blatantly, and I just did the same thing back, and we both just stared at each other for a 5 whole seconds, then his face turned red. My pharmacy professors have always told me that pharmacy is a small world and you never know who someone else knows, but I'm not putting up with that s**t, and will stand up for myself when someone else is being an a**-hole.

I have also "crossed-swords" (debating grades and other drug or clinical trial knowledge) with a few other professors the last 2 semesters. I feel that this phenomenon of pharmacists (professors) attempting to belittle their students who are intelligent and bright is specific to the pharmacy field? The pharmacy job market is saturated, and retail is stressful, and residency is super competitive. As medical students, what would you do in my situation if you found yourself in it? I feel like there is a fine line that students have to keep between keeping their head down, and standing up for themselves when they need to.

Sounds like you have serious behavior problems. You won't make it far. Learn to let things ride.

[broken image]
edit:
BwGVmpp.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
you need to find a counselor to talk to
I was thinking more like a psychologist or psychiatrist. The kid plagiarized, which at my school would have meant him being expelled and he could have possibly been sued by the owner of the content. Yet he continues to play the victim while he is clearly a very poor student and a law breaker. I believe he's misrepresenting the situation.

I was thinking more like a psychologist or psychiatrist. The kid plagiarized, which at my school would have meant him being expelled and he could have possibly been sued by the owner of the content. Yet he continues to play the victim while he is clearly a very poor student and a law breaker. I believe he's misrepresenting the situation.
This type of personality has the ability to go through life justifying and rationalizing actions while shifting the blame anywhere and everywhere but themselves.

Interesting question. Haven't seen all the replies but I will say this- who cares, move on. The fact that you are a Caucasian male makes your life a lot easier.

Stating you're an eagle scout makes me think you're socially awkward and somehow arrogant.

SDN is so much fun.

This is quality unlike anything we’ve seen in a while. I’m sorry I missed the early days of this thread last fall.
It legitimately reads like an Elliott Rodgers manifesto

I believe he's misrepresenting the situation.

Don't they always! LOL everytime a student posts here about how they are being unfairly picked on, reprimanded, flunked, or expelled....there is ALWAYS more to the story than what they tell.

this is weird. OP what you're doing isn't normal behavior

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, I was like, Eagle Scout? Wtf? This bitch bragging about being a eagle scout?

Things to brag about: Being in the Delta Force, Navy Seals, Marine Recon, CIA Special Activities Division, Green Berets, Air Force Combat Controller, Air Force Special Operations Weatherman, Air Force Pararescue Jumpers
Things not to brag about: Being in the Eagle Scouts

Yeah, I was like, Eagle Scout? Wtf? This bitch bragging about being a eagle scout?

Things to brag about: Being in the Delta Force, Navy Seals, Marine Recon, CIA Special Activities Division, Green Berets, Air Force Combat Controller, Air Force Special Operations Weatherman, Air Force Pararescue Jumpers
Things not to brag about: Being in the Eagle Scouts

>bragging about being a muderer/serial killer for the United States department of "defense" aka department of Invasion

nope.jpg

Any one in the US military is a welfare queen. My taxes is paying your salary. It is not brave or masculine at all to use scoped rifles and laser guided bombs to kill brown women and children in the desert to secure geopolitical areas for access to oil. If anything anyone in the military is a coward and should be spit on. When I see Vets in public I always make sure to ask them for my tax money back and tell them to their face that they are cowards.

>bragging about being a muderer/serial killer for the United States department of "defense" aka department of Invasion

nope.jpg

Any one in the US military is a welfare queen. My taxes is paying your salary. It is not brave or masculine at all to use scoped rifles and laser guided bombs to kill brown women and children in the desert to secure geopolitical areas for access to oil. If anything anyone in the military is a coward and should be spit on. When I see Vets in public I always make sure to ask them for my tax money back and tell them to their face that they are cowards.

You remind me of someone else in this thread... can't quite place who..........

Reactions: 4 users
nope.jpg
Careful with that edge.

nope.jpg

Sounds like a good way to get shot.

nope.jpg

Interesting thought. Heck we don't need a wall bordering Mexico just a trench. Just like WW1 just put the troops in there with knives and bayonets. No guns. We only need a backhoe to dig the trench. They could stop all the illegals trying to get into USA. Could give them a skin color chart to see if they are "brown" men or woman and let them pass if brown. They could pay for their food by making trench art and selling it. I think you are on to something there, no matter how silly it was.

Interesting thought. Heck we don't need a wall bordering Mexico just a trench. Just like WW1 just put the troops in there with knives and bayonets. No guns. We only need a backhoe to dig the trench. They could stop all the illegals trying to get into USA. Could give them a skin color chart to see if they are "brown" men or woman and let them pass if brown. They could pay for their food by making trench art and selling it. I think you are on to something there, no matter how silly it was.

"They could pay for their food by making trench art and selling it":laugh::soexcited::clap::smuggrin::heckyeah:

nope.jpg

Most disgusting post ive read. You don’t deserve to live here.

Reactions: 6 users
great thread 10/10 would read again