Feb 27, 2014
Status (Visible)
  1. Other Health Professions Student
Since so much effort is put into researching schools, I thought this would be a helpful thread.
These are obviously just the schools I've looked into so this is a very incomplete list. I was hoping we could keep the same format (underline course name, list schools underneath) so it is easier to read through.

I am considering courses "unique" that fall outside of the standard pre-requisites: A&P w/labs, statistics, abnormal psych, developmental psych, sociology and medical terminology.

Ethics
Lenoir Rhyne
St. Ambrose
U Kansas
Salem State

Chemistry
Gov State
U North Dakota
U Mary

Public Speaking
U Mary
U North Dakota
U Kansas

Physics
Nova
Gov State
U Southern Maine (a B in physics can take the place of their algebra requirement)

Neuro +Lab
U New England
Salem State

Kinesiology or Biomechanics
U Utah
Salem State

Studio Arts or Fine Arts
U Utah
U North Dakota

Intro to OT
U North Dakota
Colorado State

Gov state

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2013
Status (Visible)
  1. Rehab Sci Student
Ugh, I wish I could apply to some of these schools but I don't have intro to OT, nueroscience or Studio Arts!

At my school, they had a pre-professional track for people who wanted to go into OT or PT.. the major was Kinesiology. So I am a kinesiology major and I've taken biomechanics and all that at least ! :)

Sep 3, 2013
Status (Visible)
  1. Rehab Sci Student
Governors state also requires intro to OT. Unfortunately I applied there overlooking this factor.

About the Ads

futureOTsj

5+ Year Member
Apr 16, 2014
Status (Visible)
  1. Occupational Therapy Student
Thanks for generating this list! It's very helpful katahdin! I actually have a lot of these pre-reqs done.

kitkat1923

2+ Year Member
Dec 13, 2014
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Occupational Therapy
Hello! Has anyone taken an online self-paced ethics course? I am trying to complete the ethics requirement for St. Ambrose. They emailed me that University of Missouri offers an online course and I can complete it before the mid-December deadline. However, its costing me $1,128 to just take this one course...I kind of bummed because St. Ambrose is one of my hopeful options right now.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads