Program-Specific Info / Q's Programs with Unique Pre-Reqs

Started by katahdin
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

katahdin

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Since so much effort is put into researching schools, I thought this would be a helpful thread.
These are obviously just the schools I've looked into so this is a very incomplete list. I was hoping we could keep the same format (underline course name, list schools underneath) so it is easier to read through.

I am considering courses "unique" that fall outside of the standard pre-requisites: A&P w/labs, statistics, abnormal psych, developmental psych, sociology and medical terminology.

Ethics
Lenoir Rhyne
St. Ambrose
U Kansas
Salem State

Chemistry
Gov State
U North Dakota
U Mary

Public Speaking
U Mary
U North Dakota
U Kansas

Physics
Nova
Gov State
U Southern Maine (a B in physics can take the place of their algebra requirement)

Neuro +Lab
U New England
Salem State

Kinesiology or Biomechanics
U Utah
Salem State

Studio Arts or Fine Arts
U Utah
U North Dakota

Intro to OT
U North Dakota
Colorado State

Gov state
 
Last edited:
Ugh, I wish I could apply to some of these schools but I don't have intro to OT, nueroscience or Studio Arts!

At my school, they had a pre-professional track for people who wanted to go into OT or PT.. the major was Kinesiology. So I am a kinesiology major and I've taken biomechanics and all that at least ! 🙂
 
Governors state also requires intro to OT. Unfortunately I applied there overlooking this factor.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks for generating this list! It's very helpful katahdin! I actually have a lot of these pre-reqs done.
 
Hello! Has anyone taken an online self-paced ethics course? I am trying to complete the ethics requirement for St. Ambrose. They emailed me that University of Missouri offers an online course and I can complete it before the mid-December deadline. However, its costing me $1,128 to just take this one course...I kind of bummed because St. Ambrose is one of my hopeful options right now.