Proof of Extra-curricular activities

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CanStudent

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, how are we supposed to present our EC's in the application, and what sort of proof is required?

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

As far as presentation goes, you want to be as clear and concise as possible because you only have so many characters. You can elaborate on your most meaningful activities in AMCAS (AACOMAS doesn't have a "most meaningful section"). For each activity, you need to have a reference with phone number/ email. Keep track of your hours. For paid experiences, I looked at all my previous paystubs to calculate total number of hours. Be honest and ethical. If anything you want to underestimate your hours if you're unsure about the total number (this is more so the case with volunteering work, athletics, etc).

what if you did an international project, what reference number can I provide

Members don't see this ad :)
what if you did an international project, what reference number can I provide

Hmmm, not entirely sure if you would list an international telephone number, but I would definitely include an email.

Most proofs will be done by contacting your reference on the application (e.g. for volunteer they will call your volunteer supervisor).

Personally I would keep everything that documents my involvement. This includes volunteer sign-in/out sheet (usually signed by supervisor), payroll, certificate of completion (for research conference).