Prospective Canadian Student Applying to UK

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nvnl0

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'll be entering my final year of undergraduate and I am planning to apply to UK Medical Schools. I have emailed many of the universities about their 5 year programs and what their admission requirements are for graduate students, however they don't give me the answer that I am looking for. Does anyone know if they look at my high school marks for admission into the 5 year program or my university transcript as well. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I'll be entering my final year of undergraduate and I am planning to apply to UK Medical Schools. I have emailed many of the universities about their 5 year programs and what their admission requirements are for graduate students, however they don't give me the answer that I am looking for. Does anyone know if they look at my high school marks for admission into the 5 year program or my university transcript as well. Thanks.

They look at both transcripts. Most schools also require the UKCAT. In addition to they look at standard things such as volunteering, leadership, research, work experience, extra-curricular activities etc. And of course, they also take into consideration your personal statement, letter of recommendation and interview (later on in the process). That pretty much sums up what the admission committees are looking for...

Yes, they do look at your high school grades, however its not weighted as heavily as you might think. The main thing they look for (And this is a vast majority of the schools) is a good UKCAT score (Ideally 675+ average in each section).

Its also worth noting that many schools in the UK only have about 12-20 spots for internationals with nearly 600 applicants. I would suggest spicing up your application to the maximum, getting lots of good work/volunteer experience and MOST IMPORTANTLY, studying and achieving a high score on the UKCAT.