PS formatting

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

whateva07

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So for the PS....how should I format it? MLA style? Indent before paragraph, space between each paragraph?

Members don't see this ad.

you won't be able to indent before each paragraph.

you can hit the spacebar a couple times before each paragraph if you want.

amcas gives you a text box. you can't even indent paragraphs. just skip a line between paragraphs. mla style for references? if so, don't bother, 5300 characters is too short to waste on references. if not, i don't know what you mean.

i say type it in word first, so that you can keep track of length. then copy and paste it into the box, but proofread once in the text box, because some things may format incorrectly.

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree, the formatting is weird and dosen't really allow for indents without wasting precious characters. I've decided to just skip line between mine.

This is off topic...but for one ofactivities i was volunteer at the hospital and I only volunteered during summer break here or winter break...and for the dates i just put the time i started to the last time i finished but i didnt continuously volunteer....how do i show that and what should i do for the hrs per week???

Also would anyone be willing to read my activities section?

Thanks guys:)

This is off topic...but for one ofactivities i was volunteer at the hospital and I only volunteered during summer break here or winter break...and for the dates i just put the time i started to the last time i finished but i didnt continuously volunteer....how do i show that and what should i do for the hrs per week???

Also would anyone be willing to read my activities section?

Thanks guys:)

Just count up the number of hours you did, number of weeks you served, and average the weeks as if it were continuous. Don't worry about having a lengthy EC description, unless it REALLY was something extremely meaningful and short resume-style bullets won't work. I've heard that it's best to be short and sweet in that section.

and what about the dates? I guess I just leave that as it is.

Lets say I volunteered not continuously during my breaks for one year. I actually only volunteered all together for 4 months, and 10 hrs/week. How would I do that? I have to put the correct dates, but what abt the hrs per week, b/c I didnt do 10 hrs/week during the whole 12 months.

From what I can tell, I think I put the the right dates from when I started and ended lets say jan 2006 to dec 2007. and I should write 10hr/week...but in the description I should mention somehow this was during winter/summer breaks only.

Is this the correct way to do that? If I'm wrong abt this someone please let me know

be aware that each time you press enter, you use two of your 5300 characters (unless the program was playing with me :mad:).

MS Word had my PS at 5264 characters, but it was 5296 once I pasted it into the online app - what's up with that?! :confused: