Fake Patient Names In PS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

velvetcoffee

Coffee
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi! I want to confirm this is something you could do. I made up two names for my PS "Maria" and "Jazzy." I put the first mention of them in quotes to signal they are fake (Jazzy obviously isn't even a real name and Maria isn't even close), but does this work? This is what I was told to do especially because I don't have the characters to explain it's a fake name. I also don't want to lose the name because that loses a lot of personal touch and I, personally, hate how that sounds. I wouldn't think ADCOMS would think anyone would use the real name, but I am just wondering.

Thank you!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What you've done is fine. However, to save precious space, you could use an initial to identify a patient--e.g., "While I was shadowing an OB on the maternity ward, I met J, a female patient with . . ."