Psych GRE from 11/12 available by phone TODAY

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PsychoEm

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
just called ETS to get my score from the Nov 12th test (on the website it says not available until 12/14. they lied). 95th percentile!!

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks for the update, otherwise I would have waited another week to call!

99th percentile btw

90th percentile!! - i am ELATED as, first, i am an english major, and, second, i felt certain after the exam that i would be paying ETS even more money to resit the test...

i think i am going to go shred my kaplan prep book for fun...

Members don't see this ad :)
Just wondering, but when you call, do you get your numerical score or just your percentile? I think I will just wait until the December 22 day or whatever.

I called ETS this morning! They only give a score

I fell way off my "mark" of 98+ percentile ranking, but this was expected...... the untold stress from Hurricane Katrina & Wilma living in Palm Beach, Florida played a major part....and of course having to deal with the corrupt FEMA agency certainly didnt help.

Thank god, I sat December's exam.

joetro said:
Just wondering, but when you call, do you get your numerical score or just your percentile? I think I will just wait until the December 22 day or whatever.

you get the numerical score along with the percentile.

Sorry to say, but you guys are obsessing about a meaningless test. No one really gives a crap about the psych GRE. Match with a potential advisor and research experience are key to gaining acceptance into clinical psychology PhD programs. No one cares if you scored in the 99th percentile on a subject test. It's just one very small part of your application. It almost seems like you're equating this test to the MCAT.

For the record, I applied to and was accepted to seven clinical psychology PhD programs and five medical schools (DO and MD). Not once did my psych GRE scores come up during interviews (I scored in the 99th percentile). I am currently a second-year medical student at NYCOM.

Ditto what PH has said. GREs are just numbers and the psych one is a simple hurdle...your research experience and match with supervisor are what matters.

whos obsessing? i think we all know that its just one of many parts of the application, but since it is required at many schools, why shouldnt we be happy for doing well?

Yeah seriously, I don't recall posting that I'm now in due to my test score. I've spent the past year doing presentations and getting publications in good journals and researching and contacting the profs that I want to apply to (as well as doing many other relevant things). Along with a great GPA from a top university and a 1480 GRE, I think that all of these things will help me get in. I took the psych GRE because a few schools asked that clinical applicants have it - I know that anything above 600ish doesn't matter. I think that the majority of us who have posted in this thread understand the process, so there's no need to get upset about it. That being said, why not be happy with a good score every once in a while?

NoSleepThisYear said:
Yeah seriously, I don't recall posting that I'm now in due to my test score. I've spent the past year doing presentations and getting publications in good journals and researching and contacting the profs that I want to apply to (as well as doing many other relevant things). Along with a great GPA from a top university and a 1480 GRE, I think that all of these things will help me get in. I took the psych GRE because a few schools asked that clinical applicants have it - I know that anything above 600ish doesn't matter. I think that the majority of us who have posted in this thread understand the process, so there's no need to get upset about it. That being said, why not be happy with a good score every once in a while?

Rock on! But do try to get some sleep in '06 ;)

720, 89th percentile. I'm really happy :D as I was also an English major and it's much better than I expected to do!

this thread is hilarious - wow, there are some random people out there (who, despite insisting that this test is "meaningless" feel the need to share their exceptional scores with us!) - well done everyone - it is nice to have this highly irrelevant test behind us

I shared mine because I was under the impression it wasn't exceptional compared to the other scores in this thread.

You were not the person I was making reference to - you were one of the people I was congratulating

PsychoEm said:
just called ETS to get my score from the Nov 12th test (on the website it says not available until 12/14. they lied). 95th percentile!!

Just wondering... I took the psych GRE in December. On their website it says scores will not be available until 1/13. Seeing that they were available earlier than the website informed for the Nov test - I want to call early.

However, do you have to pay for the call if the score is not available yet - or do they just charge after they inform you of your score?
Also, at the time I receive my score can I request additional score reports to be sent to additional schools?

I just went ahead and called - scores are available. 98th% yay!