Psyched about NYU Class of 2009 Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Iamajew

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I can't wait. Anyone else?

Members don't see this ad.

Still not sure of final decision, but I did send them in my FAFSA...Any word on under the table merit aid that they don't disclose publicly? That sure would help ;)

I am really excited too! I am still waiting to hear from one of the ivys but I am almost hoping I dont get in because I liked NYU so much but would feel somewhat obligated to go the other school.

Members don't see this ad :)
thank you for starting this post! i don't know why ppl on sdn hate on nyu so much - i really loved it when i visited, and its nice to see ppl feel the same! :D

lol i didnt think ppl on sdn hated on nyu? i must have liked it so much i was oblivious!

I don't know about under the table merit aid - i wish that some of it existed, but i haven't heard anything about that from current students or alumni who i know. Rodeo, I'm not sure which ivys you are waiting on, but i chose nyu over some of the other big name schools...i just think it's an awesome place to go to medical school. If i were you, I wouldn't feel "obligated" to go anywhere...if you liked nyu more, you'll be much happier there.

The only thing that I wish were better at nyu is the administration. I heard that they screwed up a lot of the mailings for waitlisted/reject people...is that just a rumor? Is anyone thinking about doing the honors program there?

Iamajew said:
Is anyone thinking about doing the honors program there?

I'm gonna be doin the honors program I just have to pick the lab I wanna work in this summer!

the1111gal said:
If I go there I'm doing honors program!

Hello potential classmates! I, too, heart NYU...let's keep the positivity going!

to the accepted future class of nyu med -- congrtas on being accepted! i'm a rising 2nd year and am moving into nyu med apartment housing with a rising 3rd year. we're considering a third person for our place, and are open to having one of you lucky incoming 1st years move in with us. we're VERY laid back, clean, respect each other's space and are looking for same. we both work hard and play hard and are looking for someone who's not a complete book worm and not a complete party animal -- someone who can "keep it real." male/female okay. rent is ~ $700/month including everything. deadline is VERY soon -- need to know by the end of this week (3/17/05). sorry for the late notice. write back if interested! you must be sure you're attending.