psychometrics - need some help

Discussion in 'Psychology [Psy.D. / Ph.D.]' started by shock-me-sane, May 8, 2008.

1. shock-me-sane

shock-me-sane RN, PhD to come

Psychology Student
    Does anyone have a good place to reference about using psychometrics for multiple choice? A non-psych teacher is attempting to use a test filled with error and appears unwilling to budge unless the wind flies up her skirt at the right angle.

Thanks!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. erg923

erg923 Regional Clinical Officer, Cenpatico National

Psychologist
    I'm not sure i understand your question. Are alluding to examining the distribution of the scores obtained in the exam (ideally a "bell curve" in undergrad classes), and/or individual item analysis? Or are u referring to the reliability of the test....like internal consistency, split-half reliability, things of that nature? Or maybe you are referring to construct and/or convergent validity of the exam? How is this teachers test filled with "error" exactly? What is wrong with it?

4. shock-me-sane

shock-me-sane RN, PhD to come

Psychology Student
    Nevermind. I figured out what I needed. I worded the post badly. Essentially an instructor wrote a very ambigious test and said even though 97% of the class got an item wrong that it was still a good question :confused:

I was just looking for some data about how to do item analysis of mc tests to try to reason with her. (and the above was just a specific example which spread throughout a ton of the questions). The whole class is in a bit of a tizzy.

I was looking for item discrimination index and such.

thanks anyhow :thumbup:

5. erg923

erg923 Regional Clinical Officer, Cenpatico National

Psychologist