PT application requirement changes due to COVID-19

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

athleticdpt15

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I have started a thread to post where admission requirements have been changed due to COVID-19. Hopefully, this helps everyone keep up to date with changes! Good luck applying!

Members don't see this ad.

Page 4 of this statement by CAPTE (the Commission for Accreditation of PT Education) goes into admissions. It doesn't say much, but it basically acknowledges that they realize COVID-19 changes things.
PTCAS has a list of recommendations, so it will be interesting to see which schools make which changes.

Reactions: 1 user
I contacted seven schools that are on my list. It seems to differ by program and some told me about a week and a half ago that they are assessing the criteria as each week passes, or won't make decisions until closer till when applications open up. From the schools I've contacted or seen posted online, pretty much all programs will accept a GRE taken at home and will accept courses and labs that are taken online from Spring and Summer 2020. Criteria for observation hours and LoR differ from program to program right now.

Members don't see this ad :)
What about switching to pass/fail for major pre-req classes (like chem)?

Per PTCAS for the upcoming cycle applicants will be able to submit up to 5 references.

What about switching to pass/fail for major pre-req classes (like chem)?
Depends on the school, some private ones like Baylor and UMHB in TX allow pass/fail. UM Flint recommends keeping the letter grade.