PT Salaries in California for new grads.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Newptstudent88

Full Member
5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am curious about the PT Salaries for new grads in California. I have seen ads for real jobs offering 110-130 k to PTs in snf settings and even 140k in home health settings. The ads welcome new grads. Is this accurate by any chance?

I would like to hear from someone that is a new grad or has been one recently in California ( south, central, north, inland).

How much can one expect to make for each setting and what is the quality of life out there?
 
Those salaries might be expected somewhere like the bay area where it corresponds roughly to $70k and $100k somewhere normal.
 
In these settings, you will be paid for productivity and how many patients you see per hour. I HIGHLY doubt a new grad PT can make more than $75-85k to start, unless you're in a rural area or work 50-60 hours/week
 
As a new grad, I know I could make 100k a year doing SNF in the CA Central Valley. Outpatient offers in the area are about 80-85k.