This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shell490

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Help!! So I am shadowing a physical therapist for the first time tomorrow and the PT wants to verify my hours by paper. How should I go about this? I found two webpages on PTCAS about the matter, one page said to print out the "PTCAS observation hours verification form (PDF)" which i found and I will attach below so you guys can see. The other page said to just upload an image of a paper hours form signed by the PT. Does that mean a sheet I make myself with all the information required such as date, hours, pt, signature?

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• PT Observ Hrs.pdf
    156.3 KB · Views: 228
Help!! So I am shadowing a physical therapist for the first time tomorrow and the PT wants to verify my hours by paper. How should I go about this? I found two webpages on PTCAS about the matter, one page said to print out the "PTCAS observation hours verification form (PDF)" which i found and I will attach below so you guys can see. The other page said to just upload an image of a paper hours form signed by the PT. Does that mean a sheet I make myself with all the information required such as date, hours, pt, signature?

Either way will work, but the PTCAS form will make it super easy (it isn't hard either way, but that will make it even easier) That form has the same information you have to enter in the application so it will be easy to just copy everything directly.

I used the PTCAS paper form and it worked just fine!

Members don't see this ad :)
You can use the PTCAS form for sure!

You can also always just make a chart on a piece of computer paper with specific dates down the left-hand side and across the top, make the columns "Time In", "Time Out". Once you finish, you could have the PT sign it, upload it to the documents page that some programs have, and be done! Then you have to enter the total number of hours manually into the PTCAS "Observation Hours" section and they will just send him/her an email after you submit so that they can confirm your hours.

Best of luck!

I used the PTCAS paper form and it worked just fine!
If I want to use signed form(paper), then do I have to write by hand all things on the form? Or Is it possible to type by using computer?