PTCAS Observation Hours & References

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

preptstudent52

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am having trouble submitting my observation hours and reference requests to the same physical therapist. I first put in a request to have her verify my observation hours but then when I went to submit a request for her to write me a letter of recommendation it wouldn't let me because it said "you have already sent a request to this email address". There has to be a way to have the same physical therapist with the same email verify observation hours and submit and letter of recommendation. Is anyone else having this problem?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone,

I am having trouble submitting my observation hours and reference requests to the same physical therapist. I first put in a request to have her verify my observation hours but then when I went to submit a request for her to write me a letter of recommendation it wouldn't let me because it said "you have already sent a request to this email address". There has to be a way to have the same physical therapist with the same email verify observation hours and submit and letter of recommendation. Is anyone else having this problem?
Apparently its a glitch you have to either use differen't email address or use paper form of verification for hours and then electronic e-mail for recommendation

Is there an official form for verification of hours? I can't seem to find how to get my hours verified, or would just a typed up form with a signature work?

Members don't see this ad :)
@utahpt1 When you enter the information for your observation hours on the application at the bottom it should ask how do you want your observation hours verified. There is a drop-down menu and you can choose to do electronic signature, paper verification, or to not have your hours verified.

Reactions: 1 user
Is there an official form for verification of hours? I can't seem to find how to get my hours verified, or would just a typed up form with a signature work?
you can type up a letter and have the pt sign it and then upload it to your ptcas application

If you need to delete it, you have to call PTCAS and they can either resubmit the email to the PT or delete the current application. I had to do this last night. Also, for some odd reason none of my PT have yet to receive an email from PTCAS. I sent two applications to different emails and nothing yet...

If you need to delete it, you have to call PTCAS and they can either resubmit the email to the PT or delete the current application. I had to do this last night. Also, for some odd reason none of my PT have yet to receive an email from PTCAS. I sent two applications to different emails and nothing yet...
Yes one of the PTs didn't receive the email so I emailed otcas but they haven't gotten back to me. Do you recommend that I call instead