This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DPT0315

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, so I am a little confused about the PTCAS gpa system. I submitted a few apps, and had my coursework verified, and they calculated the gpas. There is no prereq gpa, and it's kind of worrying me because I know my prereq gpa is a lot higher than my cumulative science, overall, etc. Is there a spot for the prereq gpa and I just can't find it on the application, because right now it's not in the calculated gpa section? Or do the schools create one for themselves? Or does that not exist? Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Also, there is no last 60 hours gpa. I don't know if that was supposed to be a thing either.

ptcas won't have last 60 hour gpa posted, but the pre-req should be on there, unless they changed it.

Members don't see this ad :)
ptcas won't have last 60 hour gpa posted, but the pre-req should be on there, unless they changed it.

It says on the website it'll be calculated, but I don't see it anywhere on the page.

It says on the website it'll be calculated, but I don't see it anywhere on the page.
Hi everyone, so I am a little confused about the PTCAS gpa system. I submitted a few apps, and had my coursework verified, and they calculated the gpas. There is no prereq gpa, and it's kind of worrying me because I know my prereq gpa is a lot higher than my cumulative science, overall, etc. Is there a spot for the prereq gpa and I just can't find it on the application, because right now it's not in the calculated gpa section? Or do the schools create one for themselves? Or does that not exist? Thank you!
The prereq gpa doesent show on my application either. I called PTCAS and they said they are not showing it on my application so maybe it is based on the school?

Last edited:
The prereq gpa doesent show on my application either. I called PTCAS and they said they are not showing it on my application so maybe it is based on the school?

oh okay, gotcha. Thanks!

Ya, it was very interesting to see all the gpas, I am pretty sure prereq gpa is different for each school so they calculate it themselves. I mean at this point, you can calculate, recalculate, but its still up to the school and other factors. All we can do is sit here and wait. I try not to think about it, but it is sooo hard. We did all we could at this point. Ahh.

if you go to the submit application page, you can see the individual school and the save symbol next to the school name. On the application itself all the way at the bottom, you can see the ptcas calculation. mine is in green

Yeah, I just got my grades verified. I calculated a 3.7 and ptcas dropped it down to a 3.37. They factor everything on your transcript(s). I contacted som of the schools I am or have applied to and they told me they do their own calculations, so don't sweat it!

Reactions: 1 user
Sorry to hijack the thread, but where exactly in the application do the GPA calculations show up? My transcripts were verified over 24 hours ago and I can't find them anywhere. I'm not sure if I'm an idiot or if they're still calculating them (I went to a school that transitioned to semesters midway through my undergrad so it's a hot mess).

Sorry to hijack the thread, but where exactly in the application do the GPA calculations show up? My transcripts were verified over 24 hours ago and I can't find them anywhere. I'm not sure if I'm an idiot or if they're still calculating them (I went to a school that transitioned to semesters midway through my undergrad so it's a hot mess).
It took me forever to find it as well. I don't think it gets calculated until you submit for a particular school.

Once you have submitted, go to one of the school applications under program materials. Click on a school. Click submit application (it won't submit again). In the block for that school, you'll see an icon to "download program application". Click it and in that pdf, all of the calculated GPAs will be there.

Reactions: 1 users