PTCAS Question about 'Course Type' for Kinesiology Classes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dms6005

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am a current Kinesiology major applying to PT schools for the 2016-2017 cycle and I have a question about entering my coursework.

I understand how to choose the 'course type' (lecture only, lab only, both, etc) for the courses such as chemistry and physics that, at least at my school, have specific labs and lectures. That's easy. But when I enter my Kinesiology courses and then proceed to choose 'movement science' as the 'course subject', the 'course type' becomes a required field.

Some of my Kinesiology courses such as biomechanics and exercise physiology were mostly lecture based, but we often completed activities and 'labs' either every week or randomly as we went along. These labs were not necessarily a formal/planned part of our class, but they were definitely important. Do I consider these classes as 'lecture and lab combined'? Or do I kind of just ignore it and put 'lecture only'? OR, 'other'? The Kinesiology courses where I choose 'other' are things like internships, research project, etc...
Is my thought process correct, and does it really matter that much?

Any input would be greatly appreciated! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone,

I am a current Kinesiology major applying to PT schools for the 2016-2017 cycle and I have a question about entering my coursework.

I understand how to choose the 'course type' (lecture only, lab only, both, etc) for the courses such as chemistry and physics that, at least at my school, have specific labs and lectures. That's easy. But when I enter my Kinesiology courses and then proceed to choose 'movement science' as the 'course subject', the 'course type' becomes a required field.

Some of my Kinesiology courses such as biomechanics and exercise physiology were mostly lecture based, but we often completed activities and 'labs' either every week or randomly as we went along. These labs were not necessarily a formal/planned part of our class, but they were definitely important. Do I consider these classes as 'lecture and lab combined'? Or do I kind of just ignore it and put 'lecture only'? OR, 'other'? The Kinesiology courses where I choose 'other' are things like internships, research project, etc...
Is my thought process correct, and does it really matter that much?

Any input would be greatly appreciated! :)
I would say that they are lecture only. When it says lab, it is referring to something like chem or bio lab where the lab component has its own credits. For example, if it were lecture only, it would be 3 credits. If it was a lab, it would be 1 credit. For classes that combine the 2 grades, it would be lecture and lab combined, or 4 credits. Hope this helps.