Public Service Loan Forgiveness update

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dilaudid plz

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you utilized federal student loans during the course of your training you may be eligible to have them discharged after 10 years of credited military service. I think this is important because there are likely many military members who have had problems with this program since its inception. Please see the link below. I believe new changes to the system will be proposed/released this week which includes sections clarifying how it impacts current and former service members.

Members don't see this ad.

Yep I am going to be eligible for this about the time my first contract is up with the reserves. If they end up discharging a bunch of loans for people by say shortening the length of time of public service or any payment plan being eligible to count then I see this as one of the big carrots they used to bring providers in for medical fields they will lose out on.

Yep I am going to be eligible for this about the time my first contract is up with the reserves. If they end up discharging a bunch of loans for people by say shortening the length of time of public service or any payment plan being eligible to count then I see this as one of the big carrots they used to bring providers in for medical fields they will lose out on.
An article published today states that if you served for 10 years they will be forgiven regardless of the payments or payment pauses made.

Reactions: 1 user
An article published today states that if you served for 10 years they will be forgiven regardless of the payments or payment pauses made.

Ah how wonderful only active duty is eligible. Imagine that, the reserves/guard gets the green weenie again........color me surprised.......

Reactions: 1 user