Publications in AMCAS. Can I add ellipsis at end of publication title to shorten it

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Engrailed

Are your hands dry as well?
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
I have to fit 4 publications in print, 1 under review.
1 presentation at an international conference by the lead author
1 presentation from a summer research internship

3 academic/EC awards

ALL into one activity section as I do not have any room on the 15 activities.

Because the titles are long I was thinking of doing something like just first 3 or 4 words of publication title

Publications
My Name, et al., "Good study on this disease..." (journal title, year)
Lead author, My Name (co-first) et al., "Cool study on another..." (Journal title, year)
Lead author, et al., "Paper where I am middle of authorship list and..." (Journal title, year)

Presentations
My Name et al., "Cool presentation and it was nice because..." (Venue, year)
Lead author, et al., "I'm not presenting this one but including..." (Conference name, year)

Awards:
Cool award 1
Cool award 2

Members don't see this ad.

You could just leave off the titles entirely.

But would at least inserting just the first couple of words be okay
so its like
name et al., "Mechanism of cellular pathology.."

or would that look silly?

Members don't see this ad :)
But would at least inserting just the first couple of words be okay
so its like
name et al., "Mechanism of cellular pathology.."

Sure. Just saying it's unnecessary, assuming you have a separate entry to describe the actual research.

Reactions: 1 user
I have to fit 4 publications in print, 1 under review.
1 presentation at an international conference by the lead author
1 presentation from a summer research internship

3 academic/EC awards

ALL into one activity section as I do not have any room on the 15 activities.

Because the titles are long I was thinking of doing something like just first 3 or 4 words of publication title

Publications
My Name, et al., "Good study on this disease..." (journal title, year)
Lead author, My Name (co-first) et al., "Cool study on another..." (Journal title, year)
Lead author, et al., "Paper where I am middle of authorship list and..." (Journal title, year)

Presentations
My Name et al., "Cool presentation and it was nice because..." (Venue, year)
Lead author, et al., "I'm not presenting this one but including..." (Conference name, year)

Awards:
Cool award 1
Cool award 2
Entering a general topic and PMID# would be enough.
Omit the manuscript under review and save it for an update when it's accepted.

I was thinking to keep it on because it is under review at a Nature/Science/Cell

Being accepted is a long way away from being under review in these journals, but I suppose that will make a substantial update, should it get accepted. Typically when a manuscript is under review it is best not to list the journal in case it does not end up getting accepted there.

Being accepted is a long way away from being under review in these journals, but I suppose that will make a substantial update, should it get accepted. Typically when a manuscript is under review it is best not to list the journal in case it does not end up getting accepted there.
Yes, it can be embarrassing at interviews to be asked about it when your answer isn't what you'd hoped.

Yes, it can be embarrassing at interviews to be asked about it when your answer isn't what you'd hoped.

okay! Understood! leaving it off and hopefully sending an update through the cycle...
Thank you all!