Puerto Rico Orthodontics Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tooth

Orthodontist
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any insights on the Puerto Rico Ortho program that isn't listed on the website?

Members don't see this ad.

Puerto Rico has a 6 month internship in the orthodontics department. The page says it's meant for foreign students to get a chance to get their feet wet. Aren't internships usually for prospective applicants, or is this how most internships are advertised? Maybe I'm confused with internship/externship?

Also, does Puerto Rico seriously not have a financial aid department?

dont know much but i dont think it would be worth it
any place worth going would probably not be interested in your exposure to puerto rican ortho - just my opinion

Members don't see this ad :)
dont know much but i dont think it would be worth it
any place worth going would probably not be interested in your exposure to puerto rican ortho - just my opinion

I understand where you're coming from, but I do intend to solicit my services to hispanics who would probably find a Puerto Rican education as helpful. However, as with all specialties, I'll have to get referals from surrounding dentists who might not like the idea. I don't know. I wish there were someone else I could talk to about it who has experience with the school.

But UPR is accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation.

As far as I know FTD candidates are encouraged to participate in this internship or similar/ADA accredited institution (before apply for a postdoctoral program / UPR). However those internships are not restricted for FTD.

But UPR is accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation.

As far as I know FTD candidates are encouraged to participate in this internship or similar/ADA accredited institution (before apply for a postdoctoral program / UPR). However those internships are not restricted for FTD.

I'm assuming FTD=Foreign Trained Dentist