Pulling my hair out.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

copon

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am going into this fall semester and I will barely become a sophomore with 32 credits.
I have not taken any science classes yet, mainly because i wasn't in a high enough math to do so, I also wanted to get other pre-reqs out of the way.

I also haven't had science since high school. (7 years) I don't think i have enough time to take the intro sciences, but i am also hesitant on going into the general sciences without any knowledge.

Has anyone had this problem or have any suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm in a similar situation. I just went to the bookstore bought some books to help me up on precalc and calculus for math, as well as a biology and chemistry book since I'm taking both this fall. I also asked around and got an old chemistry book a friend of mine used the year before.

don't get so discouraged

You really don't need too many prereqs to start taking something like Chem 1 and Bio 1 so don't worry about it. If you're good with science you're good with science and you'll do well, if not then you'll just have to try harder. It's not like you're doomed for not taking a science class in so long. College science classes are nothing like high school science classes anyways...

Last edited:
I've been out of high school for about seven years now. When I took chem is high school, I got a C- my worst grade the whole time. However, I really don't think it will be a problem when I get into my science classes this fall.

There might be a bit of a learning curve for a few weeks while you figure out how to study for that kind of material, but most likely you'll catch on soon enough.

Just coming back to school was a bit of an adjustment for me, but I just jumped in, and I'm doing fine!