Purdue c/o 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Indypharm

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else? I haven't seen a link.

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't seen one either. Nor have I heard anything at all from Purdue. It is still a little early though. This is my third year applying there :oops: (I'm in the Indianapolis area and wasn't able to move any further). My stats are just ok. I applied to a ton of schools this year though!

I assume you are from Indy also, indypharm?

yeah, I applied last year and no one hears about interviews until February-ish, I think.

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah, I applied last year and no one hears about interviews until February-ish, I think.

That's true they don't start even reviewing applications until December. Although the entire process may be a little different this year as the new curriculum begins with the class of 2016. If you guys have any questions/concerns just PM me. I am a current P2 and happy to answer any questions you might have about Purdue, interviews, or pharmacy school in general.

That's true they don't start even reviewing applications until December. Although the entire process may be a little different this year as the new curriculum begins with the class of 2016. If you guys have any questions/concerns just PM me. I am a current P2 and happy to answer any questions you might have about Purdue, interviews, or pharmacy school in general.

Awesome! Thank you!:) I'm sure I'll be asking some when it gets closer to them reviewing apps.

by new curriculum do you mean the pre-reqs they added? or do you mean they changed the entire curriculum for accepted students too? If so, how is it different now?

When Pat George spoke at IUPUI, he indicated that the application process would remain the same. We should not expect to hear anything until mid-late January.

by new curriculum do you mean the pre-reqs they added? or do you mean they changed the entire curriculum for accepted students too? If so, how is it different now?

The entire curriculum has changed. It is entirely different from anything any of the current students have taken. Just compare: http://www.pharmacy.purdue.edu/academics/pharmd/curriculum-required-2011.php This year's entering class curriculum to http://www.pharmacy.purdue.edu/academics/pharmd/curriculum-required-2012.php The new curriculum for Fall 2012 and forward.

Oh my gosh! I'm psyched! I just got an interview invitation. Anyone going for an interview?

hey! i just got interview invite tooo! :) so what are the reasons why you guys want to go to purdue?? so far i know its pretty high ranked and good clinical program... :) i am from out of state by the way

Haha... Yep, pretty much the same things I know--high ranked with a great program. Also, Purdue is highly recommended by a lot of my relatives. I think they were alumni and/or former faculty members. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hmm...you are both out of state correct? I'm wondering if any instate students heard? Asdirected?

Hmm...you are both out of state correct? I'm wondering if any instate students heard? Asdirected?

nothin yet :confused:.. at least i know I'm not the only one though! surely we will get one early next week

Yup! I'm out of state. :) I guess they're sending out invitations to out of state students first?

What dates are the interview invites being sent out for? I just wanna get an idea of what week the interviews are going to take place in February.

Well...crap, we'll see what comes in the mail tomorrow. May I ask, so I can prevent myself from freaking out...are you a Purdue student now?

Well...crap, we'll see what comes in the mail tomorrow. May I ask, so I can prevent myself from freaking out...are you a Purdue student now?

I am not a Purdue student. Currently I am taking two courses at IUPUI. They send me the invitation on Jan. 27 2012. The interview session held during the week of February 27 – March 2 (also March 5).

I am at IUPUI as well. I bet we have class together! Is one of your two classes is Biochemistry? I hope I'll have some good news in the mail today. We'll see I guess. I'll try not to get discouraged.

I am a Purdue student and I haven't heard anything. Neither has any of the students applying that I know. I'm hoping for some strange reason, students at other schools are finding out before us. Maybe it's the Lafayette mailing system, haha.

I checked PharmCAS and it said that interviews are between February 27 to March 9. I don't know how accurate that is though... My interview is going to be during the week of Feb 27 - Mar 2 (or Mar 5).

Does anyone know if Purdue sends out invitations by mail only? Or do they send out emails as well?

Mail only. I talked to a P1 today and she said everyone should find out by Wednesday. Mostly international and out-of-states find out first and then in-state and current Purdue students.

Cool thanks. I will resist the urge to stalk the mail truck. Here's another question, do we find out flat out rejections at the same time? Are we going to know either way this week?

Mail only. I talked to a P1 today and she said everyone should find out by Wednesday. Mostly international and out-of-states find out first and then in-state and current Purdue students.

Thank you very much!

Cool thanks. I will resist the urge to stalk the mail truck. Here's another question, do we find out flat out rejections at the same time? Are we going to know either way this week?

I'm honestly not sure. I applied last year and was accepted, but ended up losing my spot because of a low grade in a prerequisite course (Purdue only allowed 3 C's and I got my 4th C in the spring). I never talked to anyone who was flat out rejected without an interview.

Honestly, due to the change in the prereqs for this application, I don't see a lot of people applying this cycle.

I am at IUPUI as well. I bet we have class together! Is one of your two classes is Biochemistry? I hope I'll have some good news in the mail today. We'll see I guess. I'll try not to get discouraged.

Cool. I am also in the Biochem class. May be I can see you in class tomorrow

Actually, I just got an email with the confirmation of my interview date. It did state that the instructions will be on the letter to be mailed.

That's interesting that they are sending emails this year. They didn't do that last year.

Hmm, still haven't heard anything. I think I may email...

I haven't gotten anything either. Let me know what you hear if you email.

I haven't received anything either

Maybe it's because I'm out of state...

Maybe it's because I'm out of state...

Out of state always find out first because they need to make travel arrangements and people in state don't. But it just seems like finding out a full week in advance in excessive.

Well, if you think about it, Purdue only has a two week window for interviews... Like what you said, they're probably sending out all invitations to out of states because we have to make travel arrangements. Speaking of travel arrangements, I haven't made mine yet. lol...

I did finally breakdown and email Brenda Stevens. Basically I just asked if everyone would be receiving a letter or only those getting interview invitations. I still didn't get anything in the mail. I'm only SLIGHTLY freaking out. If she responds today, I will post her response.

Interview invited!
May I ask which airport is closest to the school??

Interview invited!
May I ask which airport is closest to the school??

Indianapolis airport is where you wanna go. About an hour away from Purdue. There are plenty of hotels in Lafayette, though the closest to campus is the union hotel (it's ON campus, but probably more expensive).

What the heck!?... Still nothin :confused:

I did finally breakdown and email Brenda Stevens. Basically I just asked if everyone would be receiving a letter or only those getting interview invitations. I still didn't get anything in the mail. I'm only SLIGHTLY freaking out. If she responds today, I will post her response.

Did you hear anything yet?... :scared:

I was also freaking out, so I emailed Brenda Stevens. She said lettes went out today to students who are regional. They only emailed out of state people to give them time to make travel arrangements.

Last edited:
I was also freaking out, so I emailed Brenda Stevens. She said lettes went out today to students who are region. They only emailed out of state people to give them time to make travel arrangements.

yay :) thanks!

Woohoo! That means we should be getting letters tomorrow or Wednesday for Indiana folk.

Got a letter today! Interview on the 27th at 3:15. Whoo hoo!

Got a letter today! Interview on the 27th at 3:15. Whoo hoo!

Congrats! I also got a letter. I will be there on March 5th at 3:15!.. Its the last day.. I wonder if that's bad :(