Purdue c/o 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i was told we would hear back at the end of march

Members don't see this ad.

Yay! Just got my acceptance through email:D Love this school :D

Members don't see this ad :)
I heard back from them as well...
Really? By email? I wonder if they are sending oos students emails like the interviews. I hope your answer was a good one! I wonder if instate students will hear next week. As Directed what do you think?

has anyone else heard back? So it is by email?
I am so nervious! My interview was in March . Do they go and answer the first intrviews from Fb 27th fist (by turns) ? Has anyone from March 2nd heard back?

My interview was March 2nd, at 11:15am!!! I still remember such crappy weather as I drove from Purdue back to Chicago@_@

has anyone else heard back? So it is by email?
I am so nervious! My interview was in March . Do they go and answer the first intrviews from Fb 27th fist (by turns) ? Has anyone from March 2nd heard back?

I'm from March 2nd and I have not heard back yet. Oh wells :cool:

My interview was March 2nd, at 11:15am!!! I still remember such crappy weather as I drove from Purdue back to Chicago@_@

Haha whoa, were you in my student panel group? Anyways, I agree the drive was so terrible. Except my dad and I were headed the other direction to Indianapolis.

Really? By email? I wonder if they are sending oos students emails like the interviews. I hope your answer was a good one! I wonder if instate students will hear next week. As Directed what do you think?

I'm nervous!.. They never used email before.. Hopefully it is the whole out of state thing.. At least we will know soon!

I bet they will tell the in state students by formal letter. A full month from the interviews would mean we'd get the letters sometime around the 26th or 27th. Just another week and half.

I'm nervous!.. They never used email before.. Hopefully it is the whole out of state thing.. At least we will know soon!

In the email, they said I was accepted and the formal acceptance package will come via snail mail soon. Maybe it s cuz i m out of state :p

Haha whoa, were you in my student panel group? Anyways, I agree the drive was so terrible. Except my dad and I were headed the other direction to Indianapolis.

I did not attend the student panel group though I really wanted to. Since it took 3 hours to drive from Chicago to Purdue, 9:15 am panel was impossible for me :mad:

I did not attend the student panel group though I really wanted to. Since it took 3 hours to drive from Chicago to Purdue, 9:15 am panel was impossible for me :mad:

What the....you flew into Chicago and drove out to the interview the same day??? It takes me like a whole day to fly to Indiana, especially with the time difference. Red eye flight?

I sat on the student panel and you really should have tried to make it because that was a component of the interview and the interviewees were evaluated on their participation in the panel. At the conclusion of the panel the student's (a mixture of P2's, P3's, and P4's) filled out an information form for each student. If you were not there it was noted.

Members don't see this ad :)
I sat on the student panel and you really should have tried to make it because that was a component of the interview and the interviewees were evaluated on their participation in the panel. At the conclusion of the panel the student's (a mixture of P2's, P3's, and P4's) filled out an information form for each student. If you were not there it was noted.

I really wish I could have made it:(. But I had another flight to catch from Chicago back to CA that evening, thus I had to leave right after my interview, oral and writing exercise. I emailed Mrs Stevens beforehand and she said it s ok...:confused:

I really wish I could have made it:(. But I had another flight to catch from Chicago back to CA that evening, thus I had to leave right after my interview, oral and writing exercise. I emailed Mrs Stevens beforehand and she said it s ok...:confused:

You got accepted regardless right? Congrats!

So you guys think out of state people will get email and faster than in state?
I am from march 2 interview and I am from out of state and I haven't heard back via email ! What does it mean? I am stressing out! I hope it is not that way that out of states are getting responded first! It is already Thursday and they have started emailing from Monday!!! I am so freaking out.....

Yeah, I think they're sending out emails to out of state people first. Probably to make arrangements (housing and stuff... and to consider if we really want to be out of state).

Anyway, I interviewed on the first day so that might be a thing too. Maybe they're going through ours first. Besides, they said last week of March so it's not so late yet. I know the wait is nerve-racking. Every time I get an email, my heart beats so fast! It turned out to be spam most of the time. lol. Good luck! :)

I am from march 2 interview and I am from out of state and I haven't heard back via email ! What does it mean? I am stressing out! I hope it is not that way that out of states are getting responded first! It is already Thursday and they have started emailing from Monday!!! I am so freaking out.....

Oh wow. I didn't know that. I thought it was just a recommended session... Now, I'm trying to recall what I did that time! lol.

To all those who didn't go to the panel, I know someone who didn't and got an acceptance already (I think he didn't go).

I am out of state, interviewed mach 2nd, and have also not heard back via email. And I wouldn't worry. I think the people hearing back had the same professors interviewing them. And those were the professors who met up on the committee first. That's just a hypothesis I have.

Yeah, I think they're sending out emails to out of state people first. Probably to make arrangements (housing and stuff... and to consider if we really want to be out of state).

Anyway, I interviewed on the first day so that might be a thing too. Maybe they're going through ours first. Besides, they said last week of March so it's not so late yet. I know the wait is nerve-racking. Every time I get an email, my heart beats so fast! It turned out to be spam most of the time. lol. Good luck! :)

Thank you for responding! Actually one of the above accepted people wrote that she is from march 2 interview, that's why I freaked! I also hoped the reason those out of states got emails and I haven't yet its bcz they were interviewed before march 2, but it turns out not to be true! I guess its also possible that the person interviewing them were one person and not the one I went to! ....still freaking out....
I know still have to end of march...being patient is killing me!

also, did you already hear back? what happened ? :)

I am out of state, interviewed mach 2nd, and have also not heard back via email. And I wouldn't worry. I think the people hearing back had the same professors interviewing them. And those were the professors who met up on the committee first. That's just a hypothesis I have.

I am so hoping you are RIGHT !!!! GOOD LUCK TO US

Letters are being sent out. I received mine today. Position 28/100 on the waitlist. I'm not surprised...I'm a second time applicant after being booted from the program last year with my 4th C and I don't really think my interview was amazing. But Purdue always gets through a lot of the waitlist, so I should still be in decent shape. Either way, I've been accepted to schools, so I'll be attending pharmacy school regardless.

Hubbarjd, I hope you get in. Now I'm going to be nervous all day tomorrow! I don't have any acceptances yet, so I'm really hoping it's good news.

I got a big envelope from Purdue today! I've been accepted!

Yup! Ms. Stevens emailed me a while back and said I've been accepted. Although I don't have my big envelope yet! I'm waiting for it. lol

also, did you already hear back? what happened ? :)

Thanks! Can't wait to meet you guys next year.. Although I haven't ruled out goin to butler just yet since its so close to home

By the way, I'm stuck between Purdue and UMB (Univ of Maryland-Baltimore) right now. Anyone have some thoughts?

I'm out of state for both of them. I heard it was ridiculously hard to get in-state tuition for Purdue (not sure if it's true or not). In UMB, I might be able to get in-state just because I have some relatives there. That might help right?

By the way, I'm stuck between Purdue and UMB (Univ of Maryland-Baltimore) right now. Anyone have some thoughts?

I'm out of state for both of them. I heard it was ridiculously hard to get in-state tuition for Purdue (not sure if it's true or not). In UMB, I might be able to get in-state just because I have some relatives there. That might help right?

Congrats to all of you that got accepted!!!:thumbup:

@ Rei1088: This is the link related to residency status at Purdue. From what i read so far, I dont think it s that bad!!! the procedure is pretty much the same with UC (I tried to obtain the CA residency status a year ago at UC Irvine:)) Hope that helps!:)
http://www.purdue.edu/registrar/Residency/Residency.html

I highly disagree with the above on residency for tuition purposes. You have to prove that you moved to Indiana 12 months before the beginning of classes for reasons other than schooling. You can't prove that if you've already been accepted to the school. It's near impossible to get instate tuition if you haven't actually lived in Indiana before school.

The same rule goes for CA residency status, and I moved to CA solely for schooling. I had to change my driver license and other paperworks to CA though. I guess Purdue may be harder to get the status >"<

I highly disagree with the above on residency for tuition purposes. You have to prove that you moved to Indiana 12 months before the beginning of classes for reasons other than schooling. You can't prove that if you've already been accepted to the school. It's near impossible to get instate tuition if you haven't actually lived in Indiana before school.

Agreed, having gone to Purdue in the past, it is very hard, nearly impossible to establish residency.

^ This, I can vouch for. Source: my cousin went to Purdue for pharmacy school as an out-of-state student. She told me herself that declaring in-state residency is near impossible (w/o having lived in Indiana.)

Accepted!

however, i've already decided that i'm going to another school so good luck and congrats to whomever gets my spot!

get married!.. i hear this helps sometimes somehow but i've never looked into it myself..

^ lol. yeah, it does help as long as you marry an Indiana resident. I'm guessing though that it's more expensive to get married than to pay out-of-state for the whole duration of pharmacy school. haha!

^ lol. yeah, it does help as long as you marry an Indiana resident. I'm guessing though that it's more expensive to get married than to pay out-of-state for the whole duration of pharmacy school. haha!

You're right.. Weddings are so expensive!

Im in the mid 50's for waitlist according to the letter I got in the mail from Purdue...I don't think I have much of a shot getting in. It really was my top choice! :/ (fingers crossed)

^ Good luck! I hope you get in as well. :)

Anyway, do you guys know if we should avoid certain places when looking for housing? Any tips in general? :) I'm looking early because my schedule's going to be crazy during the summer.

I don't know any specific areas. Will you have access to a vehicle? Purdue is in West Lafayette, not Lafayette. But if you don't mind commuting 10-15 minutes, I bet you'll find significantly cheaper rent in Lafayette. I would bet they jack up the rates closer to campus. Good Luck! If I go to Purdue I'll be commuting an hour to and an hour from school. :rolleyes:

^ I see! Thanks but well, as usual, I'm worried about staying too far. I've never driven in snow (which was my worry even before my interview. lol) and I don't know how comfortable I'm going to be once I try it.

Btw what is considered expensive???

Im in the mid 50's for waitlist according to the letter I got in the mail from Purdue...I don't think I have much of a shot getting in. It really was my top choice! :/ (fingers crossed)

don't lose hope yet! I've heard they have taken up to 70 something off of the wait list before!.. good luck :thumbup:

And imagine how much divorce would cost! +pity+

haha

I went to Purdue my first semester and had an apartment off campus in Lafayette.. Indypharm is right.. they are much cheaper if you don't mind driving a little.. My commute was about 20 or 25 minutes and it was on the south side of Lafayette but I really liked my apartment complex and everything.. the name of it was Pheasant Run. I think my rent was around 475/mo.. although i havent looked into it at all recently..

and get over your fear of snow! its really not that bad :D