Purdue c/o 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Gah! Mine's in the morning of the 27th! Where are you guys staying? I still haven't made travel arrangements. lol

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats! I also got a letter. I will be there on March 5th at 3:15!.. Its the last day.. I wonder if that's bad :(

I got my letter too and it was for March 5th. I had to call and change it and got March 2nd. I talked to Brenda Stevens and she said they usually put on campus students during the week and off campus students on Friday's and Monday's to make it easier. I wouldn't worry about the time slot they gave you. But congrats!!! I'm excited for mine and super nervous :D

Finally got my letter!!!

I still haven't gotten an email yet though and the letter went to my parents house instead of my school address so i don't know the details yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
Looking at the letter, the interview process seems kind of intense.

For those of you that have already interviewed, how did it go? Any insight on the activities mentioned?

Aside from Star of America and Lafayette Limo, do any of you know how else I could get to the airport from Purdue? Their schedules are similar and they don't work for me. :(

Are you old enough to rent a car? I would bet that renting car for the day would be SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper than either shuttle service. If you are really in a bind, ask Purdue if they can change your interview to the later interview that day. I'd let you ride with me. I'm 15 minutes from the airport and plan on being in lafayette at noon.

Last edited:
Looking at the letter, the interview process seems kind of intense.

For those of you that have already interviewed, how did it go? Any insight on the activities mentioned?

I went through the process last year. The part where you meet with the students is just for your benefit...you only get looked badly at if you don't attend. The interview is very relaxed, just like a conversation. The writing portion is just a brief essay and a language quiz (just choosing the correct spelling or tense of a word). The oral part is to read a passage into a webcam and answer a question.

The process is a lot more in-depth than I've seen other schools get...but it really isn't that much more stressful.

My interview is also on the morning of Feb.27th. Are you planning on flying in on the 26th?

Indy Pharm is your interview on the morning of Feb27th as well? It would be great if we can carpool. Any advice on which hotel is not to expensive and close to the Campus besides the Union hotel?

Do they send out an email as well as an actual letter for interview invitations?

My interview is at 3:15pm. I am in Indy not lafayette, so I'm not sure about hotels. As far as emails, I haven't received anything from Purdue by the official letter in the mail.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you old enough to rent a car? I would bet that renting car for the day would be SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper than either shuttle service. If you are really in a bind, ask Purdue if they can change your interview to the later interview that day. I'd let you ride with me. I'm 15 minutes from the airport and plan on being in lafayette at noon.

(Not sure if you were talking to me but I'll reply anyway) I'm old enough to rent a car but young enough to have a surchage. lol. I'm 23. Regardless of my age, I'm too scared of driving on snow. Anyway, thanks a lot but I can't change my interview to later that day. I need to leave in the afternoon. My anatomy prof won't let me skip more classes. I'm missing one of the labs already because of another interview.

Thanks for the info! I would rent a car but I'm too scared of driving on snow. :scared:

Just drive slow(er) and don't brake hard.

I'd let you ride with me as well (renting a car w/ my dad), but you have a completely different date than me. :oops:

haha... Thanks anyway! I will end up taking the shuttle. I found a later flight in the afternoon that's reasonably priced. Hopefully, everything goes well and I don't miss my flight.

Btw, anyone going to do the tour? Unfortunately, I don't have time to do it. If you guys don't mind, let us know what you think about the campus. :)

Do they send out an email as well as an actual letter for interview invitations?

not usually.. Purdue is fairly old fashioned when it comes to the interview process

haha... Thanks anyway! I will end up taking the shuttle. I found a later flight in the afternoon that's reasonably priced. Hopefully, everything goes well and I don't miss my flight.

Btw, anyone going to do the tour? Unfortunately, I don't have time to do it. If you guys don't mind, let us know what you think about the campus. :)

I dont think people take the tour very often.. it's totally separate from the interview process and you have to sign up for it.. you would probably be with some high school seniors who are considering purdue.. Also, they probably don't even show very much of the pharmacy building.. I went to purdue for a semester my freshman year of college and I really liked the campus.. The buildings are all fairly old but its a very nice campus.. I wasn't trying to talk you out of doing the tour, but I think its kind of a waste of time and just one more thing you will have to worry about.. Plus you can probably get the same idea of the campus just by walking around..

good luck at the interview! :thumbup:

Hey, I'm a P1 at Purdue. If you want the tour, just stop by RHPH 172 in the Pharmacy building... It is where 95 percent of your classes will be. I will be helping out in the Oral testing section of the interviews. If you all have any questions for me, just let me know!

I'd love a tour! I'll be there the first day and had planned on coming early to get all the testing etc done before my interview. I'll come see if you are there in the afternoon on the 27th. Also, Rei1088, I would mention that you'd be fine driving because we've had ZERO snow this year, but of course, now that I've said something we'll have a foot on interview day. :rolleyes:

With my luck, that's probably gonna be true! :laugh: I'll see how the weather is when i get there. Maybe I'll end up renting a car. :)

Hey! Who wants to share a two-bed hotel room with me (female only) on the night of March 2 and 3? Please PM me! :)

Hi. I have interview with Purdue next week and I have a question about the essay portion of the interview. Can any P1 pharmacy students please give me an idea about the what the topic of the essay was about. You don't have to exactly tell me the essay question, but if you can give me an idea as to what is was about I would greatly appreciate it becasue my english is not too good and I wanted to get some practice before I go for the interview. Also I am sure the essay topic changes evert year, I just want to get an idea.

So , I am coming from Chicago and my interview is on March 2! Does anyone coming from Chicago? Is it better to drive 5 hours there myself or take mtrack? I am looking at the times on mtrack website, it leaves no earlier than 5pm on March 1 and I will get there at 11 at night. Now, how do I go to a hotel from there at 11 at night? i can't rent a car at that time . Is there another service that I can use to take me from there on? Maybe I should just drive down there myself....confused!!
Also, does anyone know how long the interviews are?

So , I am coming from Chicago and my interview is on March 2! Does anyone coming from Chicago? Is it better to drive 5 hours there myself or take mtrack? I am looking at the times on mtrack website, it leaves no earlier than 5pm on March 1 and I will get there at 11 at night. Now, how do I go to a hotel from there at 11 at night? i can't rent a car at that time . Is there another service that I can use to take me from there on? Maybe I should just drive down there myself....confused!!
Also, does anyone know how long the interviews are?

5 hours? It won't take that long.. I live in Indianapolis and I think it only takes like 4 hours to get to Chicago from here.. I had an early morning interview up there and just drove up that morning at like 4am.. So if i were you I'd just drive.. It shouldn't take more than 3 and a half hours.. I think there is a time difference though so don't forget about that.. If you do take the Amtrak I think it let's off close to campus and you could walk to the union hotel which is on campus.. As for the interview I think the whole day takes 3 hours or so. The interview itself is only like 25 or 30 minutes

Thank you so much for the reply! I don't know why but the google map said 5 hours and two hundered some miles! I put it in today and now it says 2 hours and half !!! How is that possible? :) Then I tried mapquest and it also says 2 hours and half from Chicago! So I will be driving down there . My interview is after 1pm. I will leave at 5 or 6am. I guess I don't need to get there a day before. Originally i thought 5 hours will make me tired and I should get there a day before, but now I think I am happy! Thank you for the great tips.

My interview's tomorrow at 9:45am! I'm so nervous! Anyway, does anyone know how the traffic is? I'm coming from the Indianapolis Airport area and I'll be driving (No snow!!! :) ) According to the schedule, there's a segment where we can ask an upperclassman some questions. Mine starts at 8:15am so I'm thinking of leaving here at 6-6:30ish. Is the traffic terrible??

You should be fine, it's rush hour but you will be going opposite traffic. It will take you a little over an hour, but if you are like me you will want to be a bit early anyway. The only thing I would caution you about is that I-65 is notorious for accidents, so be careful and check the news before you leave. Good luck! I'll be there tomorrow afternoon

Thanks a lot! I'll be careful driving. I realized something though-- I could just stay closer to Purdue and that's what I did. lol. I should've realized it earlier. :oops:

Good luck to you as well! Maybe we'll see each other if I decide to stick around for the tour. :D

Good luck as well! And if you stick around, I'll be the one in the black suit.:p

Thanks a lot! I'll be careful driving. I realized something though-- I could just stay closer to Purdue and that's what I did. lol. I should've realized it earlier. :oops:

Good luck to you as well! Maybe we'll see each other if I decide to stick around for the tour. :D

Good luck as well! And if you stick around, I'll be the one in the black suit.:p

What very distinguishing clothes! Oh wait! I'm wearing a black suit as well. :laugh:

**I'm getting nervous the closer I get to my interview time. What if I don't wake up in time?!?**

Can Someone tell us about the oral video taped exercise?? Are we suppose to read something into a camera ? What are the details? freaking out!! Please someone say something about this part. I hate surprises!

Can someone also please give us an idea about the topic of the Essay Question- writing is not my area and I am freaking out. Please anyone say someting about the essay topic.

Can Someone tell us about the oral video taped exercise?? Are we suppose to read something into a camera ? What are the details? freaking out!! Please someone say something about this part. I hate surprises!

Can someone also please give us an idea about the topic of the Essay Question- writing is not my area and I am freaking out. Please anyone say someting about the essay topic.

I won't tell you the topics, because you shouldn't get to prepare in advance when we were unable. However, I will tell you its not about what write. The purpose of both the oral and the written exercises is not to grade the content of your responses, but your ability to provide them. Are you able to speak clearly? You will pass the oral exam. It took me less than 5 minutes.
For the written exercise, if you can put together a response that makes sense in 20 minutes you will pass. Again, it's not about the content on the essay topic, but your ability to construct a reasonable thought and get it to paper.
Focus on preparing for the interview. That's what's most important, and good luck.

I won't tell you the topics, because you shouldn't get to prepare in advance when we were unable. However, I will tell you its not about what write. The purpose of both the oral and the written exercises is not to grade the content of your responses, but your ability to provide them. Are you able to speak clearly? You will pass the oral exam. It took me less than 5 minutes.
For the written exercise, if you can put together a response that makes sense in 20 minutes you will pass. Again, it's not about the content on the essay topic, but your ability to construct a reasonable thought and get it to paper.
Focus on preparing for the interview. That's what's most important, and good luck.

So how do you think it went?!

I think it went well. I was able to answer everything the way I wanted and they seemed to react positively.

The local forcast is not predicting snow. Don't worry.

It's only supposed to rain, not snow. Just bring your umbrella. Don't drive like a maniac and you'll survive just fine.

:( and I have to drive by my own :(
@ patientlover I also have Western interview 3/3. Hope we make it back to CA safe!

Good news, I talked to the lady at Southwest b/c I was concerned that there would be flight delays coming out of Indianapolis tomorrow. She checked her radar and said that so far it looks clear so far. Hopefully the weather people are wrong! :xf:

And yes, I hope we make it back safe! For me, I only have 30 minutes between my connecting flights, and it's the last flight of the night hahaha. xD Are we on the same flight by any chance?

Is Purdue close to where the tornado happened? I didn't really check the map. Is everyone okay???

Is Purdue close to where the tornado happened? I didn't really check the map. Is everyone okay???

Lol, looks like I spoke too soon in my last post. From what I understand, the tornado happened in southern Indiana. Luckily Purdue is located more North-ish? Regardless, stay safe everyone! :thumbup:

Man, speaking of which, driving back to the Indianapolis airport (headed south) was so scary. Heavy rain + thunderstorm + hail + fear of running into the tornado. :eek:

I just wanted everyone to know that I was reading on USnews and found this article http://www.usnews.com/education/blo...est-graduate-schools-rankings-launch-march-13 which means hopefully, a new pharmacy school rankings will be available on March 13, 2012. From the third paragraph it says: "This year, new peer assessment surveys were conducted and new rankings will be published online for the health specialties of occupational therapy, pharmacy, physical therapy, social work, audiology, speech-language pathology, and clinical psychology, as well as for public affairs and fine arts"

for those of you that have interviewed, what do you think of the school?

for those of you that have interviewed, what do you think of the school?

I definitely got a good overall impression. Faculty seemed really friendly. Current students are friendly, I felt that I could "click" with them. Purdue is a top 10 school. The school is willing to adjust to a new curriculum due to the student feedback received. etc. etc.

Last edited:
Yeah, I was more excited about the school after the interview. I like the new curriculum. The faculty and students were great and very helpful. It's my first choice.

does anyone know when they will reply ? They told me one month !! Isn't that too long? What did they tell you guys? They did all their interviews in 10 days! so I guess it makes sense that they have to choose between 300 interviews! I just can't wait!