Purdue c/o 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
^ I see. Thanks! I'll be using that as a basis then. :D I've seen apartments right around that price and some are really worth looking into (i.e. fully furnished! :claps:).

Anyway, I'll see when I get there. lol. Baby steps! Driving in snow just terrifies the crap out of me. haha

Members don't see this ad.

^ I see. Thanks! I'll be using that as a basis then. :D I've seen apartments right around that price and some are really worth looking into (i.e. fully furnished! :claps:).

Anyway, I'll see when I get there. lol. Baby steps! Driving in snow just terrifies the crap out of me. haha

Lol yeah. Good luck!

I hate walking in the snow MUCH more than driving in it. And yes, you will have to get over it. Better to do it while going to class than having to learn how to drive in the snow during rotations when being late is much more of an issue right? Besides, its not the snow that's the issue when driving. It's the ice.:laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello,

For those of you that have been accepted, what type of activities and leadership qualifications did you have?

Any other comments regarding leadershp and activities needed to get in would be helpful.

Thanks.

Goose!

I have a BA in Journalism. I have worked in a hospital pharmacy for 3.5 years and was a member of an interdisciplinary medication safety panel. A year of retail prior to that. I was the pre-professional coordinator for my school's bio club. I was also a member of a pre-pharm club. I volunteer twice a year at a church rummage sale and in my son's preschool class once a month. I shadowed a pharmacist at Lilly for 6 hours.

For those on the waitlist, I am going to give up my spot. I've decided to go to Butler. It's more expensive, but I won't have to commute two hours each day. Especially if gas is going to be $5 a gallon. Purdue has been my first choice since I started thinking about Pharmacy, so I'm a little sad. Butler and Purdue both have great programs, but I just have to do what's right for my family. Good luck to everyone!

Hello,

For those of you that have been accepted, what type of activities and leadership qualifications did you have?

Any other comments regarding leadershp and activities needed to get in would be helpful.

Thanks.

Goose!

I have a BA in zoology and a minor in neuroscience. I have done neuroscience research for 2 years now and have been published twice. I have volunteered in the OB department of a hospital for 2 years, volunteered at the community crisis center for 2 years, and i have been working in a retail pharmacy for a year.

I have shadowed a pharmacist that owns his own pharmacy and i have shadowed a hospital pharmacist.

I was a member of pharmacy club, and i speak three languages fluently (i swear this is the reason half of the schools accepted me.

Hello,

Thanks.

Goose!

I honestly did not have lots of activities or leadership quals by the time I submitted my application to Purdue. I think I had 8 months of research, 1 month of volunteering in the hospital, and 3 months in an honors society. I did work a lot though. I worked in a pharmacy for around 3 years and as a tutor for 3 years as well. That's why I was so glad I got an invitation. :D

For those on the waitlist, I am going to give up my spot. I've decided to go to Butler. It's more expensive, but I won't have to commute two hours each day. Especially if gas is going to be $5 a gallon. Purdue has been my first choice since I started thinking about Pharmacy, so I'm a little sad. Butler and Purdue both have great programs, but I just have to do what's right for my family. Good luck to everyone!

Good luck in Butler!

So when can we monitor the wait list? I was wait listed!!! So SAD!! :(

I believe the letter said April 1st. I'm in the same boat, good luck!

cant believe it but im giving up my spot and going to butler instead.. ive been planning on purdue for so long but butler is just a better choice for my situation.. hope it opens up a spot for someone really cool! :D

The link to monitor wait list is not working. Has anyone gotten the right link? Can you post the link here?

Members don't see this ad :)
Officially gave up my seat. Good luck to whomever gets it.

When they will update this waitilist

Well, I read it in the letter after they said you got wait listed , they said follow this link starting April 1st and end of each week , we will be updating the list...so I guess the end of this week ? Friday?
Also, the list shows all 100 people! I was just wondering did all 100 actually sent back the notice and asked to stay on the wait list? I don't think all 100 did want to stay ON. Since we have accepted ones that are withdrawing so we can safely say not everyone would want to stay on wait list if they already got acceptances from other places.
So this list is their original list. They haven't made even the changes regarding who has asked to not counted on wait list.
Let's hope end of this week we see all the updates.

The list has been updated! I still got a long ways to go!!

Same here!! so 9 people were called in or some of them even withdrew from waiting list.....I wish they were updating this more often than just once a week!!

Yea the wait is hard enough! Hopefully they'll be updating soon again lol Good luck:)

So the wait list didn't move at all this last weekend....:(

Yea I noticed that too, hopefully this week will be better! :xf:

Err.. So, who's going to Purdue?

Anyway, does anyone know anything about Purdue Village grad housing?

anyone got interviewed or accepted willing to share the stat please? I am applying for Fall 2013 cycle but there is no c/o 2017 forum thus far...so I hope to get some help here...I'm oos and submitted my application very late...slightly before the deadline. Haven't heard back anything yet. I am wondering does interview part count a lot? around how much? will all the interviewed candidates start with the same point or the school will have kind of a rank for the applications and then combined with interview scores and come up a final rank?? So confused...T-T

I have applied this year as well. I started a "Purdue College of Pharmacy" thread awhile ago but no one has yet to post. As far as interviews and acceptances, interview invites are in the process of being sent out now so no one has had an interview yet nor been accepted. I was told the committee met yesterday so invites should be out within the next week I would assume.

The interview at Purdue counts for 30% of your application, so a pretty substantial amount. Grades are 40% and the supplemental is 30%. If I had to guess you are ranked and then out of state students are informed first to make travel arrangements and then in state students will be informed. Students Ranked again after the interview, which is closed file and then a decision on admission is given.

I have applied this year as well. I started a "Purdue College of Pharmacy" thread awhile ago but no one has yet to post. As far as interviews and acceptances, interview invites are in the process of being sent out now so no one has had an interview yet nor been accepted. I was told the committee met yesterday so invites should be out within the next week I would assume.

The interview at Purdue counts for 30% of your application, so a pretty substantial amount. Grades are 40% and the supplemental is 30%. If I had to guess you are ranked and then out of state students are informed first to make travel arrangements and then in state students will be informed. Students Ranked again after the interview, which is closed file and then a decision on admission is given.

thank you very much. Yea I received an interview email on Friday, excited but scared. They said I can choose any Monday or Friday cuz im oos. By saying 30% supplemental, do you mean everything on the application including PharmCAS? cuz I don't think Purdue supplemental has anything too new from pharmCAS, not even a second personal statement...(hopefully i didn't miss anything)...I heard that interview will have a verbal quiz and a writing exam, this scares..:scared:

That's true they don't start even reviewing applications until December. Although the entire process may be a little different this year as the new curriculum begins with the class of 2016. If you guys have any questions/concerns just PM me. I am a current P2 and happy to answer any questions you might have about Purdue, interviews, or pharmacy school in general.
Hey, I just received my interview notification at Purdue. would you please give me any suggestions. Thank you

Did you guys get mail or emails for the invitation. I am worried!

im oos so i got an email asking me to choose a date, and it says the final conformation will be sent via mail.

I have told that they have not notified any Purdue-WL students regarding interview yet. That information will be sent out next week. I guess it would be the same for In-State students.

Last edited:
has anyone done rotations at south bend memorial for a hospital rotation? if so, how was it?