Purdue c/o 2027 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do we know what the schedule looks like for admitted students day next Friday?

Members don't see this ad.

All it said was 8am - 4:30pm. No idea what they’re gonna do the whole day! Whats everyone wearing? I’m assuming jeans and a nice sweater is okay?

Last year, the morning was student-only and had some informational sessions about the curriculum/academics, two mini-lectures from first year profs, and an info session with the VSAC (veterinary skills and competencies) team. The afternoon was off-campus and had lunch provided, more info sessions (financial aid, DEI, IVMA, etc.), and Q&A sessions with current students and Dean Reed. You could bring a guest to the afternoon stuff. They'll send you a specific schedule a few days before the session you signed up for.

All it said was 8am - 4:30pm. No idea what they’re gonna do the whole day! Whats everyone wearing? I’m assuming jeans and a nice sweater is okay?
Last year was business casual iirc, so jeans and a sweater should be just fine!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Last year, the morning was student-only and had some informational sessions about the curriculum/academics, two mini-lectures from first year profs, and an info session with the VSAC (veterinary skills and competencies) team. The afternoon was off-campus and had lunch provided, more info sessions (financial aid, DEI, IVMA, etc.), and Q&A sessions with current students and Dean Reed. You could bring a guest to the afternoon stuff. They'll send you a specific schedule a few days before the session you signed up for.

Last year was business casual iirc, so jeans and a sweater should be just fine!
So the guests can’t do the tour?

So the guests can’t do the tour?
They couldn’t do any of the morning activities last year. They could have changed things this year though so I’d wait for more info from Lori Stout.

Reactions: 1 user
It's a Lenovo. The class of 2026 has the X13 Yoga G2, which has touchscreen, converts into tablet mode, and has a (super skinny) stylus. Similar style to previous years, but it seems each year that they change it just a little. You'll have to buy it from a specific website/link that they send you.

Cost was just over $2100 last year (including tax and shipping), which is pretty steep. It does include a full 4 year warranty that covers just about everything (except the stylus apparently), with the option to extend it to a 5 year warranty for an additional cost. I believe there were loans or something available for the laptops. Not a horrible computer imo but it costs a lot and they really ought to choose something with more processing power than they do. I like the concept, just could be improved on some.

They'll let you know more about your specific model, cost, etc. when they figure that out (I believe we heard April or May?), but that's what you can generally expect based on previous years.
I hope your year’s model has better longevity than ours 😫. Highly overpriced for something that crashes constantly. Could definitely be worse, though.

Do any current students have housing recommendations? I will be in attendance for preview day and would love to tour some prospective places!

Do any current students have housing recommendations? I will be in attendance for preview day and would love to tour some prospective places!
I haven’t lived in any of the apartment complexes or townhomes around here, but in general I’ve heard bad things about Granite and pretty good things about Lark (very good value for money, but they’re kind of a pain about micromanaging and doing quarterly inspections). The Purdue Vet Med Student Community Facebook is a very good place to find housing, it’s where I met my found my place and met my roommates for first year and I plan to stay in this place until graduation (pros: nice 3-bed house with a fenced yard, in a nice quiet neighbourhood 10 min from school, chill landlord, ~$480/person; cons: landlords too chill, dgaf about bathroom/closet ceiling mold)

I know in the past, Purdue discussed admissions scholarships when applicants were called with their acceptances. Was anyone offered a scholarship or are they sending them with later with the full aid package this year?

I know in the past, Purdue discussed admissions scholarships when applicants were called with their acceptances. Was anyone offered a scholarship or are they sending them with later with the full aid package this year?
A couple years ago I was not offered scholarship until the full aid package

im traveling into town tomorrow for PVM preview day on Friday!! any recommendations on things to do in the area?

im traveling into town tomorrow for PVM preview day on Friday!! any recommendations on things to do in the area?
The Chauncey area is the best place for restaurants/bars in west laf! Check out Harry’s if you want an authentic Purdue experience. Lafayette’s downtown is also cute if it’s nice to walk around! Feel free to DM me if you’ve got any questions.
I’ll be in town on Friday too!

Members don't see this ad :)
Is it weird to ask if any gals want to go out for dinner or anything Thursday night before preview day??

I’m traveling alone now (previously my boss was coming with me but she backed out sadly)

Has anyone gotten their financial aid package yet? I know the email said “by the beginning of March”.

Has anyone gotten their financial aid package yet? I know the email said “by the beginning of March”.

I got another email on Feb 24th that said:

“I wanted to make a correction about receiving your financial aid package from Purdue University Division of Financial Aid. I originally stated you would receive your package at the beginning of March, but it will be mid-March.“

Does anyone want to grab dinner tonight around 8:30?

I would love to grab dinner but will be getting in pretty late this evening. If anyone would be interested in maybe grabbing a drink at like 9:30 let ya gal know ☺️🤗

I told my mom we should go to the Neon Cactus when we get in late tonight since it’s a Thursday 😜 Relive my glory days

I told my mom we should go to the Neon Cactus when we get in late tonight since it’s a Thursday 😜 Relive my glory days
👀 I don’t know what a neon cactus is but color me intrigued.

• Haha
Our dinner plans aren’t going to work any how because I won’t be getting in til 10pm now arguhhh. Are we really getting drinks? Lol

Our dinner plans aren’t going to work any how because I won’t be getting in til 10pm now arguhhh. Are we really getting drinks? Lol
I’m also probably not going to get in till 10pm now… are we on the same flight from philly?

does Purdue typically flood during bad rain? I keep getting flood warning signs when I try to search up where we will be tomorrow. Will I be able to get there in the morning from a mile away? Lol

does Purdue typically flood during bad rain? I keep getting flood warning signs when I try to search up where we will be tomorrow. Will I be able to get there in the morning from a mile away? Lol
River road was closed just now as I was coming in, but you can get around it if you just plug your GPS in. And campus is up on a hill from the river so campus itself doesn’t flood!!

I’ve decided I will be accepting my offer to Purdue! I’m so excited to join you all in the fall!!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
I’ve decided I will be accepting my offer to Purdue! I’m so excited to join you all in the fall!!
Yay!! I loved Preview Day so much, the faculty and current students were all amazing...and the HOSPITALS?? unmatched :love: I'm waiting on one more school before officially accepting, but Purdue is definitely a great choice!!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Ahhh. that’s so amazing, especially after hearing your story and knowing you were on the fence. I enjoyed meeting you and I have a gut feeling I might be joining you in the fall! I loved preview day.

I am also thrilled to be able to share I will be accepting my offer to Purdue. Cannot wait to get to meet the rest of the class of 2027!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Can any current students comment on scholarships after first year? I’ve received notice of the scholarships I’ve been awarded for first year and was wondering the likelihood of continuing to have some scholarship money each year.

Can any current students comment on scholarships after first year? I’ve received notice of the scholarships I’ve been awarded for first year and was wondering the likelihood of continuing to have some scholarship money each year.

did you apply for the scholarships you were awarded? or did they just automatically award them? and did you find this out by receiving your financial aid package in the mail?

sorry for all the questions ahh

did you apply for the scholarships you were awarded? or did they just automatically award them? and did you find this out by receiving your financial aid package in the mail?

sorry for all the questions ahh

They were awarded last week with the financial aid packages coming out. You just need to make a mypurdue account with the numbers they gave us in our acceptance emails. It’s all online, nothing in the mail. Everyone gets some sort of scholarship they said so you should def have something waiting for you in the portal!!

They were awarded last week with the financial aid packages coming out. You just need to make a mypurdue account with the numbers they gave us in our acceptance emails. It’s all online, nothing in the mail. Everyone gets some sort of scholarship they said so you should def have something waiting for you in the portal!!

Thank you sooo much!! I’ll definitely check into it :)

The scholarships I had first year were renewed and I got an additional small one for second year

The scholarships I had first year were renewed and I got an additional small one for second year

Were they initially stated as renewable scholarships? The ones I was awarded say they aren’t renewable

Were they initially stated as renewable scholarships? The ones I was awarded say they aren’t renewable
None of them were specified either way. One that I had last year was named and not renewed, the other was a general nondescript name, and this year I have a different named one and two slightly-differently-worded general nondescript ones. So… I have no idea if that’s a renewal of the general one with a slightly changed name or if they’re actually from different sources.

Does anyone feel comfortable sharing their scholarship awards? I want to compare to see what’s average. If not, that’s okay too. Mine was $7k. Unsure if it’s renewable.

Would recommend to not become a Purdue basketball fan - you will have your heart destroyed into little pieces every March

So I was finally able to log into my purdue account after a mess with my name and getting it set up, and I'm trying to see my financial aid package. Where did you guys go to view yours? I'm under "award for aid year" under the financial aid tab and it's not showing me anything.

So I was finally able to log into my purdue account after a mess with my name and getting it set up, and I'm trying to see my financial aid package. Where did you guys go to view yours? I'm under "award for aid year" under the financial aid tab and it's not showing me anything.
NVM i reached out to financial aid and they are confirming residency stuff before giving me my package

I just accepted my offer & put my deposit down! Cant wait to meet everyone - I’m moving to Lafayette in mid-June with my fiancé

• Love
I just accepted my offer & put my deposit down! Cant wait to meet everyone - I’m moving to Lafayette in mid-June with my fiancé
OHMYGOD YAYYYYY!! so happy for you!! can't wait to officially meet you :love:

• Care
Just turned down my OOS seat
I sent an email turning down my OOS seat as well. Did they every get back to you because I am still waiting from a response. I don't want them thinking I didn't make the deadline for the decision that's why.

Did anyone IS hear from Purdue about getting off the waitlist?