You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Purdue c/o 2027 Applicants
Started by llamagirl620
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you know of anyone else who was called? I have only heard of one acceptance. However, someone said in another forum they think people are being called but not reporting. I'm very scared and kinda sad. Trying to find a method to the madness. Call came before business hours and haven't heard of one sinceI wonder if there will be more IS or OOS after lunch hours today or more later this week?
Which other forum?Do you know of anyone else who was called? I have only heard of one acceptance. However, someone said in another forum they think people are being called but not reporting. I'm very scared and kinda sad. Trying to find a method to the madness. Call came before business hours and haven't heard of one since
To be honest I don't think there is much of a method. I think he just calls people when he finds the time throughout the day. I know that's not super helpful but don't give up yet!Do you know of anyone else who was called? I have only heard of one acceptance. However, someone said in another forum they think people are being called but not reporting. I'm very scared and kinda sad. Trying to find a method to the madness. Call came before business hours and haven't heard of one since
APVMA fb -- different site altogether I guess not just forum. Just speculation. Someone assumes that people are being called but might not be active on sites to report their acceptancesWhich other forum?
someday-dr
Full Member
OOS acceptance!!!
Congratulations. Do you mind me asking what letter your last name starts with?OOS acceptance!!!
someday-dr
Full Member
My last name starts with a B. Don’t give up hope yet! They said it could take a while for them to go through the list, but I know it’s easier said than done… I can only imagine how impatient I would be to hear. My fingers are crossed for everyone who hasn’t heard yet.Congratulations. Do you mind me asking what letter your last name starts with?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Boilermaker63
New Member
For all of you still waiting, be patient! There is almost no rhyme or reason to Dean Reed’s calls, and he is very busy so it naturally takes him some time. I was an IS admittance and I was one of the last people he called, so just be patient!
It does seem like it’s alphabetical though so I’m thinking I got rejected since my last name starts with A😞For all of you still waiting, be patient! There is almost no rhyme or reason to Dean Reed’s calls, and he is very busy so it naturally takes him some time. I was an IS admittance and I was one of the last people he called, so just be patient!
animaldoctor10
Full Member
Maybe the Dean will start calling after lunch hours? 🤞🏼
Second year at Purdue here! Congratulations to the acceptances. In my year, he did call up to 7 o'clock or so and the calls lasted for about four days. After calls are completed, you will receive an email with either your official offer, waitlist, or rejection. They do not give out waitlist numbers. Good luck!
dogtorabbie
Full Member
I wonder if the delay today has to do with what happened at at MSU yesterday 💔
megan.weil1
Full Member
I’m an MSU OOS. My last name begins with W. I haven’t heard anything.
dogtorabbie
Full Member
nope. i don’t think a single call was made today.Has anyone IS gotten any calls at all?
I really doubt they made zero calls since they already started calling yesterday. Maybe people just aren’t reporting?nope. i don’t think a single call was made today.
I think they call all the OOS first and then ISI'm going crazy waiting lol. IS Purdue grad with last name starting with C so I'm really hoping this is not alphabetical
boilerpup
Purdue CVM c/o 2026
There’s not necessarily a consistent pattern across years (if there’s a pattern at all). I was Purdue IS and got the call first day last year, versus this year being all OOS so far that we know ofI think they call all the OOS first and then IS
boilerpup
Purdue CVM c/o 2026
Hope you're holding up okay <3. That seems like such a terrifying thing to happen on your campusI’m an MSU OOS. My last name begins with W. I haven’t heard anything.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
megan.weil1
Full Member
Thank youHope you're holding up okay <3. That seems like such a terrifying thing to happen on your campus
Eva Medina
New Member
Any news today?
I wouldn't be surprised if there's a delay because of what happened at MSU. Purdue's Dean of vet med (who calls everyone individually) used to be a faculty member at MSU, so a delay would make sense.Any news today?
animaldoctor10
Full Member
Same! I’m a 2nd time IS applicant and got my email last year from Purdue on Feb 16th that I was waitlisted.Man, I feel like I'm going crazy. I just wish I knew if they were calling or not so I could know to worry or not lolll
dogtorabbie
Full Member
Has this ever happened before that you know of where there’s like two days with no reports ?Same! I’m a 2nd time IS applicant and got my email last year from Purdue on Feb 16th that I was waitlisted.
animaldoctor10
Full Member
No, not that I’ve seen or heard of. I’m surprised that if there is a delay in making the calls, why admissions hasn’t updated us. But I guess we’ll see what tomorrow brings lol!Has this ever happened before that you know of where there’s like two days with no reports ?
dogtorabbie
Full Member
I truly think it’s unlikely that in 2 days not a single person reported if phone calls are being made. I think MSU has all to do with it and theres a delay due to that and like you said they don’t feel the need to update us because we’re already waiting anyways.Perhaps admissions feels like there is no point in updating us when we are already waiting? Unless of course people just aren't reporting but for 2 whole days? Feeling sooo confused
dogtorabbie
Full Member
it wouldn’t be so agonizing if the calls hadn’t already begun 🥴😂i know we’re all pulling out hair out by now but we got this guys!! 5 months of waiting we can do itttt
Literallyyyyyyyit wouldn’t be so agonizing if the calls hadn’t already begun 🥴😂
megan.weil1
Full Member
Given there hasn’t been a gap in calling in the past that we know of, it may be related to the events at MSU. Especially in that case, I personally don’t recommend calling to remind the Admissions Team we’re waiting. Related to MSU or not, they are aware they haven’t notified everyone of their admissions decisions.
The Dean has been affiliated with MSU, and the devastation of the shooting is still at the forefront of a lot of our community members’ minds. I would encourage you to allow him time to process.
The Dean has been affiliated with MSU, and the devastation of the shooting is still at the forefront of a lot of our community members’ minds. I would encourage you to allow him time to process.
dogtorabbie
Full Member
Congrats! Did you get the call today?OOS acceptance! My last name start with K! Planning to go to NCSU so I will decline my seat once they send out the email so the waitlist can move faster!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Around the time I send the postCongrats! Did you get the call today?
luckycharm12
Full Member
Do you mind sharing what letter your last name begins with?OOS Acceptance!! 🥹
Do you mind sharing what letter your last name begins with?
It starts with an L, definitely feels like they’re going alphabetically!