Purdue c/o 2027 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yay they’re calling!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Did he just make one call and stop calling???? What is the sorcery with which he decides when and who to call?

I wonder if there will be more IS or OOS after lunch hours today or more later this week?

Members don't see this ad :)
I wonder if there will be more IS or OOS after lunch hours today or more later this week?
Do you know of anyone else who was called? I have only heard of one acceptance. However, someone said in another forum they think people are being called but not reporting. I'm very scared and kinda sad. Trying to find a method to the madness. Call came before business hours and haven't heard of one since

Do you know of anyone else who was called? I have only heard of one acceptance. However, someone said in another forum they think people are being called but not reporting. I'm very scared and kinda sad. Trying to find a method to the madness. Call came before business hours and haven't heard of one since
Which other forum?

To be honest I don't think there is much of a method. I think he just calls people when he finds the time throughout the day. I know that's not super helpful but don't give up yet!

Reactions: 1 users
Which other forum?
APVMA fb -- different site altogether I guess not just forum. Just speculation. Someone assumes that people are being called but might not be active on sites to report their acceptances

Confused about why he is calling and stopping, calling and stopping...this is so stressful!

Congratulations. Do you mind me asking what letter your last name starts with?
My last name starts with a B. Don’t give up hope yet! They said it could take a while for them to go through the list, but I know it’s easier said than done… I can only imagine how impatient I would be to hear. My fingers are crossed for everyone who hasn’t heard yet.

Reactions: 3 users
OOS ACCEPTANCE!!! OMG!!!!

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
I can’t confirm but my last name starts with a C and the other acceptances before me were B last names…so I feel like it’s alphabetized

Members don't see this ad :)
OOS Acceptance!!!!!! BOILER UP!!!!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Last name starts with an E in case anyone is wondering. I think it's alphabetical too

For all of you still waiting, be patient! There is almost no rhyme or reason to Dean Reed’s calls, and he is very busy so it naturally takes him some time. I was an IS admittance and I was one of the last people he called, so just be patient!

For all of you still waiting, be patient! There is almost no rhyme or reason to Dean Reed’s calls, and he is very busy so it naturally takes him some time. I was an IS admittance and I was one of the last people he called, so just be patient!
It does seem like it’s alphabetical though so I’m thinking I got rejected since my last name starts with A😞

Second year at Purdue here! Congratulations to the acceptances. In my year, he did call up to 7 o'clock or so and the calls lasted for about four days. After calls are completed, you will receive an email with either your official offer, waitlist, or rejection. They do not give out waitlist numbers. Good luck!

I wonder if the delay today has to do with what happened at at MSU yesterday 💔

I'm going crazy waiting lol. IS Purdue grad with last name starting with C so I'm really hoping this is not alphabetical

I'm going crazy waiting lol. IS Purdue grad with last name starting with C so I'm really hoping this is not alphabetical
I think they call all the OOS first and then IS

I think they call all the OOS first and then IS
There’s not necessarily a consistent pattern across years (if there’s a pattern at all). I was Purdue IS and got the call first day last year, versus this year being all OOS so far that we know of

Any news today?
I wouldn't be surprised if there's a delay because of what happened at MSU. Purdue's Dean of vet med (who calls everyone individually) used to be a faculty member at MSU, so a delay would make sense.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Man, I feel like I'm going crazy. I just wish I knew if they were calling or not so I could know to worry or not lolll

Reactions: 4 users
Man, I feel like I'm going crazy. I just wish I knew if they were calling or not so I could know to worry or not lolll
Same! I’m a 2nd time IS applicant and got my email last year from Purdue on Feb 16th that I was waitlisted.

• Wow
Has this ever happened before that you know of where there’s like two days with no reports ?
No, not that I’ve seen or heard of. I’m surprised that if there is a delay in making the calls, why admissions hasn’t updated us. But I guess we’ll see what tomorrow brings lol!

Perhaps admissions feels like there is no point in updating us when we are already waiting? Unless of course people just aren't reporting but for 2 whole days? Feeling sooo confused

Perhaps admissions feels like there is no point in updating us when we are already waiting? Unless of course people just aren't reporting but for 2 whole days? Feeling sooo confused
I truly think it’s unlikely that in 2 days not a single person reported if phone calls are being made. I think MSU has all to do with it and theres a delay due to that and like you said they don’t feel the need to update us because we’re already waiting anyways.

Reactions: 2 users
i know we’re all pulling out hair out by now but we got this guys!! 5 months of waiting we can do itttt

• Haha
Given there hasn’t been a gap in calling in the past that we know of, it may be related to the events at MSU. Especially in that case, I personally don’t recommend calling to remind the Admissions Team we’re waiting. Related to MSU or not, they are aware they haven’t notified everyone of their admissions decisions.

The Dean has been affiliated with MSU, and the devastation of the shooting is still at the forefront of a lot of our community members’ minds. I would encourage you to allow him time to process.

• Care
Reactions: 12 users
OOS acceptance! My last name start with K! Planning to go to NCSU so I will decline my seat once they send out the email so the waitlist can move faster!

Last edited:
  • Love
OOS acceptance! My last name start with K! Planning to go to NCSU so I will decline my seat once they send out the email so the waitlist can move faster!
Congrats! Did you get the call today?