purdue college of pharmacy c/o 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bongos

Accepted!
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone applying here? No PCAT!

Members don't see this ad.

anyone applying here? No PCAT!

I am, but I haven't started on the supplemental for this school yet. I believe they are on rolling admission though :(

How are you doing with the application?

Members don't see this ad :)
I had originally considered applying here, but then I saw they required 2 semesters of Calculus...one semester was bad enough!
I know I saw the same, but I'll just take it since I have nothing doing. I have my bachelors in Biology

I am, but I haven't started on the supplemental for this school yet. I believe they are on rolling admission though :(

How are you doing with the application?

I just mailed my supplemental application today, so I'm just waiting

Here's some food for thought:

When I attended Purdue (just last year as a matter of fact), the general rule was that they would accept their students over others for the majority of the class and that if you lived in IN you have higher priority since its a state school. Also, if you have more than 3 C's, your app is thrown out and those three C's couldn't all be in one semester (max of 2 C's in one semester). Avg GPA accepted was around a 3.6 (I think, don't quote me), and they have changed the prereqs starting this year. They made prepharm 3 years instead of 2. They're looking for well rounded applicants, and job shadowing looks really, really good. I know I'm not in their program, but I went through the prepharm program so I know just a little about it, so if you're interested and have questions, I can try to answer them....and if I don't know the answer, I can phone some of my "peeps" in their 1st and 2nd professional years there.

I applied, tried, but failed....however, Sullivan has been good to me, even though I am a former Boilermaker.
Good luck, and for those that get in, Boiler Up!

I'm applying to purdue, in fact it's at the top of my list. I think I have a strong and well-rounded application, but I'd still be a bit suprised if I get in since I didn't do my pre-pharm with them.

It's true the pre-pharmacy/pharmacy program at Purdue is changing, but not just yet for the pre-pharms anyways. Next year's incoming class will be the last one that will follow the "old" pre-pharm track. Also, Purdue is not rolling admissions. They don't even start looking at applications until after the Dec. 1 deadline.
I went through the whole process last year. I did not do my pre-pharm at Purdue, but I did go to school in Indiana and am an Indiana resident. So if you guys have any questions feel free to PM me.
Good Luck!:luck:

I applied to Purdue last year and got in ... I absolutely loved the school and their pharmacy program.. I am a California resident and did my undergrad here in the California.. I chose to decline my application due to practical financial reasons. But disregarding the cost of attendance, I would've gone to Purdue in a heart beat. So don't lose hope out-of-staters

I applied to Purdue last year and got in ... I absolutely loved the school and their pharmacy program.. I am a California resident and did my undergrad here in the California.. I chose to decline my application due to practical financial reasons. But disregarding the cost of attendance, I would've gone to Purdue in a heart beat. So don't lose hope out-of-staters

Hey,

I am also applying to Purdue this year, I have very 3.6 GPA and I work as Pharmacy Technician but I am junior at UIC so I don't have a bachlor yet. So do you think that it will be minus point for me?

Hey,

I am also applying to Purdue this year, I have very 3.6 GPA and I work as Pharmacy Technician but I am junior at UIC so I don't have a bachlor yet. So do you think that it will be minus point for me?

I applied to pharmacy schools the summer after my junior year/before my senior year. Purdue has the pre-pharmacy program that allows their students during their sophomore year to go straight to pharmacy school. In short, many students in their program don't have a bachelor's degree. However, in my opinion, having a bachelor's degree or in the process of obtaining one definitely looks good in your application. Hope this helps.

Thank you for the encouragement, I'll give it a try

Purdue is my top choice. This is my first time applying PharmD program and I still try to figure it out how the application process works. PharmCAS did not upload my transcripts and it delayed my process. I mailed another transcript request form to school and just waited right now. So, do I have to wait until the primary application get verified to fill out the supplemental application? Anyone knows about the tuition? I am out-of-state and want to know how the tuition goes if I work full-time in IN for a year. Everyone Good Luck on the application! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied to pharmacy schools the summer after my junior year/before my senior year. Purdue has the pre-pharmacy program that allows their students during their sophomore year to go straight to pharmacy school. In short, many students in their program don't have a bachelor's degree. However, in my opinion, having a bachelor's degree or in the process of obtaining one definitely looks good in your application. Hope this helps.

Just an FYI, Purdue does not have the direct admit program anymore. Purdue pre-pharms have to apply to the program just like everyone else. That being said, they still do favor their pre-pharms in the admission's process.

Hi,

I am applying to the school this cycle. Today, I learned that Pharmcas just sent out my app to pharmacy schools. My question is should I wait for Perdue to email me and tells me to fill out supplemental doc or I must do it without its notice.

I am very sorry if the question is already asked. I am new here. Thanks.

Hi,

I am applying to the school this cycle. Today, I learned that Pharmcas just sent out my app to pharmacy schools. My question is should I wait for Perdue to email me and tells me to fill out supplemental doc or I must do it without its notice.

I am very sorry if the question is already asked. I am new here. Thanks.

Fill it out now. Purdue will not e-mail you and ask you to fill out a supplemental. They won't look at anything until after the Dec. 1 deadline, and your PHARMCAS and supplemental (found on their website) both need to be completed by then.

Fill it out now. Purdue will not e-mail you and ask you to fill out a supplemental. They won't look at anything until after the Dec. 1 deadline, and your PHARMCAS and supplemental (found on their website) both need to be completed by then.
Hi jfm5958,
Thank you very much!!!!

Did anyone hear back from Purdue yet??
Purdue doesn't start looking at applications until early February; Interviews will be held between Feb 21 and March 4; And we'll get the green, orange or red light in late March/early April :-D
I'm not liking my chances since I'm an "out-of-stater". It's a fantastic program/school and I'm giving it a shot regardless; I know I'll be kicking myself later if I didn't.

Best of luck everyone.

anyone hear anything from purdue yet?????

anyone hear anything from purdue yet?????
Purdue doesn't start looking at applications until early February; Interviews will be held between Feb 21 and March 4; And we'll get the green, orange or red light in late March/early April :-D
I'm not liking my chances since I'm an "out-of-stater". It's a fantastic program/school and I'm giving it a shot regardless; I know I'll be kicking myself later if I didn't.

Best of luck everyone.

Hey Prof Farnsworth,

Do you think Purdue has started looking yet??? hahaha jk

Good to see someone that applied at OU is also applying at Purdue. Maybe I'll see you up here for an interview.

Hey Prof Farnsworth,

Do you think Purdue has started looking yet??? hahaha jk

Good to see someone that applied at OU is also applying at Purdue. Maybe I'll see you up here for an interview.
lol. If they bothered to do some research/read the thread (or the very last post when they wrote it), they would know if anyone has received anything. Also, I'm pretty certain this thread is going to be busy once invitations are sent out.

For a better idea of Purdue's admission time-line.
http://www.pharmacy.purdue.edu/academics/pharmd/admissions.pdf
(Slide 8)

To be honest I believe that Purdue has already started to look at apps (as we all received the e-mail from Brenda Stevens). However looking at the past few years' threads on SDN, people started to hear from Purdue at the very beginning of Feb (they have to let us organize travel arrangements).

I think you will have better chances of getting an interview than myself at Purdue (looking at your location and pic). Purdue is my #1 school. A little colder than I want, but the ideal education level. Best of luck chstrainer13 :)

Over the last few years people have started to hear from Purdue this week :thumbup:
However the school is closed at the moment due to the blizzard :thumbdown:
So I'm going to make an educated guess, and say it may be a little longer before we hear from anyone. However, good things are worth waiting for :)

Exact quote from the e-mail I got from Purdue, ".you should expect to hear something regarding your qualifications for further consideration around mid to late January." I understand with the blizzard that went through things are behind, but some kind of correspondence would be nice because, frankly, they missed the deadline. We all had to send our applications in by December 1st and I can guarantee they would not give any sympathy had a blizzard come through the night before. Purdue is my alma matter and I have a lot of respect for the school and I know from experience they have an outstanding pharmacy program. Nonetheless, this is very disappointing.

Exact quote from the e-mail I got from Purdue, ".you should expect to hear something regarding your qualifications for further consideration around mid to late January." I understand with the blizzard that went through things are behind, but some kind of correspondence would be nice because, frankly, they missed the deadline. We all had to send our applications in by December 1st and I can guarantee they would not give any sympathy had a blizzard come through the night before. Purdue is my alma matter and I have a lot of respect for the school and I know from experience they have an outstanding pharmacy program. Nonetheless, this is very disappointing.
I got the exact same e-mail as you when they received my supplemental application. I think you may have read the e-mail incorrectly. I don't believe they meant we will know about interviews in mid-late Jan. I think they meant we will find out if our qualifications are good enough for further consideration (no interview yet).

I got an e-mail around mid-late January regarding my qualifications for further consideration. On the 1-11-11 I got an e-mail from Mrs Brenda Stevens asking me to submit an unofficial copy of my transcripts:
"REMINDER:
If you were enrolled in courses during the fall semester 2010, you must provide PharmCAS with an updated official transcript that includes your fall semester grades as soon as they are available. We would also request that you send us a copy (does not need to be an official transcript - scanned, Xeroxed, electronic is sufficient) for our purposes in expediting the process a little sooner while we are waiting for PharmCAS verification. Grades can be e-mailed, faxed or mailed to me in care of the address listed below."

There was a follow up e-mail stating:

"ATTENTION Students at Purdue-WL, IPFW, PU-Calumet, PU-NC:
You do NOT need to send me a copy of your grades (we can access them), but you will still need to send transcripts to PharmCAS. Thanks!"

If you didn't receive these e-mails, I can understand why there may have been some confusion. However, if we don't hear from Purdue today, I think next week is reasonable. (weather pending :p )

If you graduated from Purdue though, I believe you shouldn't have concerns about receiving an interview and ultimately being accepted :) Best of luck.

Farnsworth, I got those e-mails and I guess I never saw it from your point of view that those were "something regarding your qualifications for further consideration." I might be wrong, but I have to respectfully disagree with you that they were. In general, if they wanted to get the message across that we were in consideration, they would put some statement like "we have determined that you meet the minimum qualifications for admittance and...." then they would add something about when to expect the next step. Also, it showed no sign that they even looked at my application because if they had, they would have known I was not enrolled in any classes during the fall semester. I know it doesn't really matter in the long run. Some students will get in, some won't and the journey it took will soon be forgotten, but after dealing with some schools that are really on top of their game, like University of Tennessee, it is just disappointing to see a College that I have so much respect for leave me in the dark as to what is going on. One of the things I like about Purdue is they keep it "old school"(in a good way) and I guess this is one of the disadvantages of that philosophy. Again, I'm not trying to bad mouth Purdue, it is a great school, but even the best programs deserve criticism when criticism is due.

I doubt they would have gone individually through all 1000+ applications, and instead just sent out a blanket e-mail; Which isn't reflective of a school of this calibre, but vastly more efficient.

I'm still going by the timeline on their website:
*December 15-February 15 - PharmCAS academic update window
*Early February – Group meeting to discuss admissions progress and upcoming interview process
*February 21 to March 4 – Interviews

What did the University of Tennessee do to impress you?
Midwesern University in Arizona were amazing also. I interviewed on a Wednesday (there were interviews on Thursday in the same "pool" as me) and I found out Friday I was accepted, before noon nonetheless. They were lightning fast. (just like their 3 year program, lol)

Farnsworth, I got those e-mails and I guess I never saw it from your point of view that those were "something regarding your qualifications for further consideration." I might be wrong, but I have to respectfully disagree with you that they were. In general, if they wanted to get the message across that we were in consideration, they would put some statement like "we have determined that you meet the minimum qualifications for admittance and...." then they would add something about when to expect the next step. Also, it showed no sign that they even looked at my application because if they had, they would have known I was not enrolled in any classes during the fall semester. I know it doesn't really matter in the long run. Some students will get in, some won't and the journey it took will soon be forgotten, but after dealing with some schools that are really on top of their game, like University of Tennessee, it is just disappointing to see a College that I have so much respect for leave me in the dark as to what is going on. One of the things I like about Purdue is they keep it "old school"(in a good way) and I guess this is one of the disadvantages of that philosophy. Again, I'm not trying to bad mouth Purdue, it is a great school, but even the best programs deserve criticism when criticism is due.

I completely agree with what you said. I think Purdue's admissions practices are really out of date. Their peers (other Top 10 ranked schools) have been interviewing and making admissions offers for several months. It seems that Purdue is missing out on the opportunity to land some of the top students in their program by waiting this late in the cycle to contact applicants and schedule interviews.

I completely agree with what you said. I think Purdue's admissions practices are really out of date. Their peers (other Top 10 ranked schools) have been interviewing and making admissions offers for several months. It seems that Purdue is missing out on the opportunity to land some of the top students in their program by waiting this late in the cycle to contact applicants and schedule interviews.
I don't see how the timing of interviews would affect the students who ultimately attend the school. If a more desirable school sends out an acceptance, you go there. If a less desirable school sends you an acceptance, you don't go there - regardless of time.

It is clear that some folks on this thread are somewhat annoyed at the way Purdue conducts their application cycle. If you don't like the way they do business, I think you could have saved yourself some time and money by not applying. It'll make more room for those of us who are willing to jump through hoops to attend.

Perhaps that is their motive; Purdue only wants to accept the students who are dedicated enough to sustain their punishment, lol.

I don't see how the timing of interviews would affect the students who ultimately attend the school. If a more desirable school sends out an acceptance, you go there. If a less desirable school sends you an acceptance, you don't go there - regardless of time.

It is clear that some folks on this thread are somewhat annoyed at the way Purdue conducts their application cycle. If you don't like the way they do business, I think you could have saved yourself some time and money by not applying. It'll make more room for those of us who are willing to jump through hoops to attend.

Perhaps that is their motive; Purdue only wants to accept the students who are dedicated enough to sustain their punishment, lol.

Given the competitive nature of the admissions process, I think most people apply to more than one school. I applied to six. I submitted my PharmCAS application back in early October. I did not have a crystal ball or other device to let me know that every school I applied to was going to invite me to an interview, the exception possibly being Purdue who hasn't scheduled theirs. So it is easy to say now I could have saved time and money by not applying, but I didn't have the information that I have now back then.

After sending out acceptance notifications, most schools typically require deposits fairly quickly. Some of them are quite hefty, $1000. It is difficult to pass up an offer from a University of Kentucky or North Carolina, etc... not knowing if you will even get an invitation from Purdue months down the road when they send out their invites. So, a student may commit to another school or two of equivalent reputation/ranking and decline talking to Purdue because of their later timing. Some of these students likely would have chosen Purdue and been a good fit for what Purdue is looking for.

Some people, especially those who need to move, like as much time as possible to make their plans. Those moving a spouse and possibly kids generally have more factors to take more into consideration than some of the traditional younger students when determining where they will live.

Given the competitive nature of the admissions process, I think most people apply to more than one school. I applied to six. I submitted my PharmCAS application back in early October. I did not have a crystal ball or other device to let me know that every school I applied to was going to invite me to an interview, the exception possibly being Purdue who hasn't scheduled theirs. So it is easy to say now I could have saved time and money by not applying, but I didn't have the information that I have now back then.

After sending out acceptance notifications, most schools typically require deposits fairly quickly. Some of them are quite hefty, $1000. It is difficult to pass up an offer from a University of Kentucky or North Carolina, etc... not knowing if you will even get an invitation from Purdue months down the road when they send out their invites. So, a student may commit to another school or two of equivalent reputation/ranking and decline talking to Purdue because of their later timing. Some of these students likely would have chosen Purdue and been a good fit for what Purdue is looking for.

Some people, especially those who need to move, like as much time as possible to make their plans. Those moving a spouse and possibly kids generally have more factors to take more into consideration than some of the traditional younger students when determining where they will live.
I know most people apply to more than one school; I applied to 5. I received interviews at 4 of them (obviously still waiting to hear from Purdue). After being accepted into my 3rd ranked school, I declined interviews to my other back-up schools. Now after being accepted into my 2nd ranked school I intend on going there. We'll see what happens with Purdue before I know where I'm eventually going.

Deposits are a way of schools to generate extra revenue. I'm more than happy to lose $1000 to secure my place at any school and then have the option to "upgrade". In the long run, $1000-2000 isn't much to pay/lose when you look at tuition/fees.

How much notice do people need to move? I'm currently 27, married, with a dog, and own my own place (without a mortgage) in Houston. I believe if I find out in April, I will still have ample time to move to West Lafayette while still planning (and going on) my 6 week trip to Africa this summer.
I know folks with a spouse and kids require more time to consider moving. They should have looked at the Purdue website to decide on whether they have enough time to move (the lucky folks who get accepted wont find out until late-March/early-April). If that's not enough notice then why would they have applied here?

If people didn't know Purdue's time-line of admissions, then it's their own fault. If they did, they knew the potential consequences of not finding out until they hear from schools who make their decisions earlier.

If people decide not to go to Purdue, they obviously don't believe it is a more desirable school, simple economics.

I know most people apply to more than one school; I applied to 5. I received interviews at 4 of them (obviously still waiting to hear from Purdue). After being accepted into my 3rd ranked school, I declined interviews to my other back-up schools. Now after being accepted into my 2nd ranked school I intend on going there. We'll see what happens with Purdue before I know where I'm eventually going.

Deposits are a way of schools to generate extra revenue. I'm more than happy to lose $1000 to secure my place at any school and then have the option to "upgrade". In the long run, $1000-2000 isn't much to pay/lose when you look at tuition/fees.

How much notice do people need to move? I'm currently 27, married, with a dog, and own my own place (without a mortgage) in Houston. I believe if I find out in April, I will still have ample time to move to West Lafayette while still planning (and going on) my 6 week trip to Africa this summer.
I know folks with a spouse and kids require more time to consider moving. They should have looked at the Purdue website to decide on whether they have enough time to move (the lucky folks who get accepted wont find out until late-March/early-April). If that's not enough notice then why would they have applied here?

If people didn't know Purdue's time-line of admissions, then it's their own fault. If they did, they knew the potential consequences of not finding out until they hear from schools who make their decisions earlier.

If people decide not to go to Purdue, they obviously don't believe it is a more desirable school, simple economics.

Well, to me $1000-$2000 is alot of money. However, for peace of mind until everything is finalized, I paid a $1000 deposit at two different schools. I have since declined 3 other interview invitations/withdrew my application. Not sure what I will do if invited to Purdue.

The more notice the better IMO when executing a move, not that less time makes it impossible, just more difficult. If it worked out that Purdue is the best option at the end of the process, then I decided I would be in the situation where I make it work. While I never liked the timing, there are several other factors about Purdue that lead me to apply there.

I do have a house to sell if I stick with Kentucky or I get in to Purdue, so it is going on the market in the next two to three weeks. The real estate market isn't the best where I am but houses in my neighborhood have been moving so I am hopeful.

My original point is that I think Purdue runs the risk of losing some people that they determine to be "the most highly qualified applicants" because of their timing.

Over the last few years people have started to hear from Purdue this week :thumbup:
However the school is closed at the moment due to the blizzard :thumbdown:
So I'm going to make an educated guess, and say it may be a little longer before we hear from anyone. However, good things are worth waiting for :)

I just received my letter for an invitation to interview at Purdue! This is the only school that I applied to and am very excited to make it this far. I can only hope to be at my best on that day so that I can make an impression. Good luck to everyone!!

They sent letters out on February 3rd - at least that was when my letter was dated!! I was surprised after all this snow and ice in the Midwest that they got letters out already (I figured next week due to delays). So the letters will be coming shortly.

I have an interview on the 28th. Good luck everyone!:D

I just received my letter for an invitation to interview at Purdue! This is the only school that I applied to and am very excited to make it this far. I can only hope to be at my best on that day so that I can make an impression. Good luck to everyone!!

Hey Congratss!! So it was mailed and no email notification?

Hey Congratss!! So it was mailed and no email notification?

I live in Indiana and received the letter and not an e-mail. I was checking my e-mail all day hoping to hear something. I was surprised to find the letter in the mailbox when I got home. I really wish everyone the best of luck. I had no idea how truly stressful waiting for a response would be.

I live in Indiana and received the letter and not an e-mail. I was checking my e-mail all day hoping to hear something. I was surprised to find the letter in the mailbox when I got home. I really wish everyone the best of luck. I had no idea how truly stressful waiting for a response would be.
Boilermaker2015 and 2015 Purdue ... Congratulations :thumbup:
Thanks for letting us know that they have posted the invitations/rejections.
Best of luck to everyone else :)

Thanks =)

yeah!!!

got in interview. for those of who are living out-state or is an out of state student look for it today or monday. Im in los angeles and I got mine today at 1230 pacific time

obviously interview is important at all schools. but does purdue use the interview to determine who gets in or not? like do they still use recommendations, GPA, extracurricular actvities, etc. as factors even if the student did well on the interview? i know they accept 160 out 290-300 according to pharmcas data sheet but i am eager to attend if admitted and want to know some interview tips and advice.

any advice would be appreciated

Last edited:
Got an interview invite today! Scheduled for feb. 28th. I'm actually a bit suprised to get an interview given that I didn't attend Purdue as an undergrad. I'm pretty pumped about it though, Purdue has an excellent reputation.

If anyone has been accepted to this school, please let me know so you can be added to the roll call for 2014/2015. Please post in the sticky thread or PM me your acceptances and the program you will be attending (if accepted to multiple schools).:)

I'm with you Liberty2010,

Got my interview notice in the mail today, really surprised (and excited!:highfive:) because I'm also an out-of-state (international) student.
The mail tends to take much longer when you're actually waiting for something, but it's well worth the wait.

I also have my interview on the morning of the 28th. It seems everyone on this forum has their interviews on the 28th so far; going to be a busy, busy day.

I look forward to meeting y'all.

I'm with you Liberty2010,

Got my interview notice in the mail today, really surprised (and excited!:highfive:) because I'm also an out-of-state (international) student.
The mail tends to take much longer when you're actually waiting for something, but it's well worth the wait.

I also have my interview on the morning of the 28th. It seems everyone on this forum has their interviews on the 28th so far; going to be a busy, busy day.

I look forward to meeting y'all.

Im seem to be odd man out for interviews on the 28th (mines on the 25th). does anybody have any interview advice, do's and dont's, do they still look at our other stuff (academic history, recs, essay) or is it all on the interview from now on.

Got my interview invite the day before my interview at Iowa. Will be there on the 21st at 2:30 for the interview.

Good to see you got an invite as well Prof Farnsworth! Good luck!

Clearly I was wrong with saying everyone has an interview on the 28th, lol.

PharmD1988, I'm not sure what they're specifically going to ask. However, I'll bet the farm that they're going to ask you why you want to study pharmacy and why at Purdue. As for do/do not's I would suggest being yourself. I imagine the admissions gurus have been around for a while and can sniff out :bullcrap: a mile away.
I recall reading from somewhere :)confused:) that the admissions folks split the applications into three sections; grades/application/interview.
The grades and application sections are already submitted and there is nothing which can be done about those.
The interview portion doesn't only encompass the interview with faculty and admissions committee member, but also an oral communication exercise (which is recorded so they can laugh at us later :laugh:), a quiz on the English language, and they look at us to see how we interact with P3 and P4's. I think the extra exercises are because they don't factor the PCAT into admissions. I hope this helps and that it's correct :)

Awesome chstrainer13 :D I hope you did well at Iowa. However, I know Purdue is your #1 also, so best of luck come interview day:xf:

If there are any P1-4 students currently at Purdue reading this, can you confirm or deny what I just said with regards to the interview portion?

Clearly I was wrong with saying everyone has an interview on the 28th, lol.

PharmD1988, I'm not sure what they're specifically going to ask. However, I'll bet the farm that they're going to ask you why you want to study pharmacy and why at Purdue. As for do/do not's I would suggest being yourself. I imagine the admissions gurus have been around for a while and can sniff out :bullcrap: a mile away.
I recall reading from somewhere :)confused:) that the admissions folks split the applications into three sections; grades/application/interview.
The grades and application sections are already submitted and there is nothing which can be done about those.
The interview portion doesn't only encompass the interview with faculty and admissions committee member, but also an oral communication exercise (which is recorded so they can laugh at us later :laugh:), a quiz on the English language, and they look at us to see how we interact with P3 and P4's. I think the extra exercises are because they don't factor the PCAT into admissions. I hope this helps and that it's correct :)

Awesome chstrainer13 :D I hope you did well at Iowa. However, I know Purdue is your #1 also, so best of luck come interview day:xf:

If there are any P1-4 students currently at Purdue reading this, can you confirm or deny what I just said with regards to the interview portion?

Confirm. Also, the past 2-3 years the interview has been closed file. The English quiz and reading portion of very easy if English is your first language, and I'm not really sure how much they put into those parts of the process. (I'm guessing not very much). Maybe I will see some of you there and good luck!

Confirm. Also, the past 2-3 years the interview has been closed file. The English quiz and reading portion of very easy if English is your first language, and I'm not really sure how much they put into those parts of the process. (I'm guessing not very much). Maybe I will see some of you there and good luck!
Cheers jfm5958,
It's good to know that the English quiz and oral test aren't too difficult (although it will be just as non-challenging to everyone else). Is it something similar to a scantron/fill in the blank? What do you have to do for the oral test?

Similarly, it's good to know that it's more than likely going to be a closed file interview. I would prefer to have an open file interview, however knowing that our interviewers don't know what we have already said in our applications allows us to reiterate our points without being redundant.

This is greatly appreciated jfm5958 :) If you're one of the upper classmen during the morning of the 28th, I look forward to meeting you.

Prof Farnsworth, i noticed you are from Houston. are you an out of state student? if so, what airlines you know has cheap rates to Indy?