Put off Chem/Bio lab till last year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DeadCactus

Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it a bad idea to put off the bio chem labs till the last year? In order to take them before I apply, I would need to take an Engineering, Chemistry, and Bio lab all in the same semester. Would it hurt me to put them off?

Members don't see this ad.

Is it a bad idea to put off the bio chem labs till the last year? In order to take them before I apply, I would need to take an Engineering, Chemistry, and Bio lab all in the same semester. Would it hurt me to put them off?

You probably want to take the labs with your lecture classes while the material is fresh in your memory. Also, probably want to take them before your MCAT.

It depends on when you're taking the material...

Usually you'd want to take it the semester after your exited the class, some take it during the class(Ugh, that'd be annoying to me) but if you take the lab after you take the class, I think you'll find that you have a better time with retention of information because you have that much longer to keep using it!